Ducati Panigale V2 approved for CSBK Pro Sport Bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Panigale V2 approved for CSBK Pro Sport Bike

With 155 crankshaft HP out of the box and at 441 lbs wet there's room to knock some weight off, but it'll need some choking down to pass on the dyno.

With 155 crankshaft HP out of the box and at 441 lbs wet there's room to knock some weight off, but it'll need some choking down to pass on the dyno.
Dropping redline would be the easiest way to cut 30 hp but probably not the fastest solution. It would be interesting to see what they come up with. Could you lean out mixture to save fuel and keep ~ constant hp as the revs climb? I don't know how fun/fast a constant hp bike would be as most are ~constant torque.

Dropping redline would be the easiest way to cut 30 hp but probably not the fastest solution. It would be interesting to see what they come up with. Could you lean out mixture to save fuel and keep ~ constant hp as the revs climb? I don't know how fun/fast a constant hp bike would be as most are ~constant torque.
I'd think choking the airbox would be the quickest and simplest solution as per the Lightweights. We'll find out ?

"It is recommended that all Kawasaki Ninja 400 competitors consider a CSBK provided (or similar) inlet restriction to control/limit performance, and allow competitors to more easily meet the standards established for the class".

I'd think choking the airbox would be the quickest and simplest solution as per the Lightweights. We'll find out ?

"It is recommended that all Kawasaki Ninja 400 competitors consider a CSBK provided (or similar) inlet restriction to control/limit performance, and allow competitors to more easily meet the standards established for the class".

FYI - this isn't an airbox mod, it's a throttle body mod. The restrictor plate goes in after the throttle body to restrict the overall amount of both air and fuel into the engine.

Back
Top Bottom