Ducati 696 Alternatives for Short Riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati 696 Alternatives for Short Riders?

Sushii

Site Supporter
So im finally looking to upgrade from my 2010 Ninja 250...

I've been looking at a Ducati 696 ads but there arent that many... Any alternatives to it that looks just as sporty?

A ducati 796 is taller than the Ninja 250 so its a no go.

It's hard when you have a shorter inseam. I have the same problem. Most bikes are roughly the same in the seat height department in order to give you the lean angles sportier riders want out of this style of bike. Most bikes are 31.6-32.5 ish in this category. The simplest answer is to learn to get comfortable with not being able to put both feet down. It is simple to say, but less easy to do in practice.

Some options that are in the same vein but not really as high performing would be a Kawasaki ER6-N, Suzuki Gladius 650. Going older you could get a Honda CB599. Those are all the naked style bikes with a lowish seat height that come to mind. Any of them will be a marked improvement as far as performance go and should still be more insurance friendly compared to the Ducati.

Don't forget too that many people haven't gotten their bikes out of storage yet to bother listing it. I'm sure your selection will improve if the 696 is a bike you have your eye on.

a couple years ago the 696's were all over kijiji and really cheap...5 k would get you a 1 or 2 year old one with under 15k.

It's hard when you have a shorter inseam. I have the same problem. Most bikes are roughly the same in the seat height department in order to give you the lean angles sportier riders want out of this style of bike. Most bikes are 31.6-32.5 ish in this category. The simplest answer is to learn to get comfortable with not being able to put both feet down. It is simple to say, but less easy to do in practice.

Some options that are in the same vein but not really as high performing would be a Kawasaki ER6-N, Suzuki Gladius 650. Going older you could get a Honda CB599. Those are all the naked style bikes with a lowish seat height that come to mind. Any of them will be a marked improvement as far as performance go and should still be more insurance friendly compared to the Ducati.

Im pretty confident with one leg as thats how I ride the Ninja all the time. Never put both feet down.

I didnt realize the Kawasaki ER6-N has a seat height of 30.9". Thats a pretty good alternative and not bad looking. Im not a big fan of the Gladius 650 for some reason.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I also have two more bikes on my list but they're not of the same class.

Harley 883 Iron and Kawasaki Vulcan S. Anyone seen these in person? How does it look?

The seat height is about 32.1 inches, which is probably too high since im not even considering the Ducati 796 (31.5")

FZ09 has a narrow seat, i'm no giant and yet i have no problem. FZ07 is probably even better for you.

Seen that posts but finding images for each of them is a lot of work so I figured I would get suggestions from members here.

There used to be one that was simple. Kept it in my bookmarks but now it has gone. Thought this might be better than nothing.

The seat height is about 32.1 inches, which is probably too high since im not even considering the Ducati 796 (31.5")
My inseam is 26"
Almost killed the sales guy trying to get on the fz07.
Iirc the cbr 500 (?) Was surprisingly comfortable.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

FZ09 has a narrow seat, i'm no giant and yet i have no problem. FZ07 is probably even better for you.
Nope. At least not in my case.

You can test out the Ergos of a bike on this site http://cycle-ergo.com

seat width also plays a big role alongside seat height. You will prefer slimmer seats vs a wide one which takes up valuable inseam
This is the one to look at OP.
There used to be one that was simple. Kept it in my bookmarks but now it has gone. Thought this might be better than nothing.
I think that is the one you were referring to.

OP the 883 would work.
Only seen that Vulcan in pics but damn!
I took my buddies 2013 900 (I think) for a ride. Had no problem with height.

If you're looking at an 883 then you should consider the Yam Bolt.

helo SUSHIboy! :thumbup: i luv flesh sushis by way!

wit my warmestestes and heaertfullness advice, i says: if yous want sporty in Ducatis with low seat, try 749. ollder bike, but verry madd sporty and youll look like MATRIX!

GOD LUCK! :cool::cheers::director::eek:ccasion2::grommit::love7::angel10:

OH SORRY! yous looking for naked sporster bike. not like one with farrings and stuff. butt, you mays want to check out!

Last edited:
helo SUSHIboy! :thumbup: i luv flesh sushis by way!

wit my warmestestes and heaertfullness advice, i says: if yous want sporty in Ducatis with low seat, try 749. ollder bike, but verry madd sporty and youll look like MATRIX!

GOD LUCK! :cool::cheers::director::eek:ccasion2::grommit::love7::angel10:

OH SORRY! yous looking for naked sporster bike. not like one with farrings and stuff. butt, you mays want to check out!

Nice bike and short but too sporty and bent over.

If you're looking at an 883 then you should consider the Yam Bolt.

Looks great! Added to my list of to trys

This is the one to look at OP.

I think that is the one you were referring to.

OP the 883 would work.
Only seen that Vulcan in pics but damn!
I took my buddies 2013 900 (I think) for a ride. Had no problem with height.

Ya the 883 and Volcan S are pretty short but i'd rather get something more sporty but if I cannot find the 696 I like. I'll probably have to settle for a cruiser.

Ya the 883 and Volcan S are pretty short but i'd rather get something more sporty but if I cannot find the 696 I like. I'll probably have to settle for a cruiser.

Hey now! Getting a cruiser is not settling! Ya heard me?? ?

Back
Top Bottom