Ducati “Ready 4 Red” Tonight | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati “Ready 4 Red” Tonight

That's a nice offer. If I was closer, I might take you up on it. Should be some pretty stuff to look at (and hopefully listen to).

Looks like a pretty big venue for such a sparse display. Where they expecting more people ?

Looks like a pretty big venue for such a sparse display. Where they expecting more people ?
there were no more tickets available ./shrug

I was underwhelmed by the event for a few reasons.Maybe its my age but I found it way too loud for me as I could not carry on a conversation with friends that I ran into.I left at 8 to meet up with Wife to have an anniversary dinner and I do not think any of the bikes were uncovered by that point and that to me was a big disappointment.
It is a pretty cool venue and I have attended events there before.One of the most enjoyable was the Porsche 918 intro where we had our 959 at that I was curating at the time as part of my job.

Attachments

• BCF74DE5-BAD8-436F-AB68-35CE6E73729D.jpeg
    BCF74DE5-BAD8-436F-AB68-35CE6E73729D.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 17
I was underwhelmed by the event for a few reasons.Maybe its my age but I found it way too loud for me as I could not carry on a conversation with friends that I ran into.I left at 8 to meet up with Wife to have an anniversary dinner and I do not think any of the bikes were uncovered by that point and that to me was a big disappointment.
It is a pretty cool venue and I have attended events there before.One of the most enjoyable was the Porsche 918 intro where we had our 959 at that I was curating at the time as part of my job.
I can't handle loud any more (tinnitus) - why do they have to crank the volume up to '11' ?
Some friends meet up at a pub on a weekly basis and the last few times I showed the white noise was painful and I had to leave early.

Ducati has picked up on this as of late, from something Triumph has been doing for years . However the British guys pick also cool venues , like the warplane museum in Hamilton, and seem to be able the 'read the room' a bit better .
The brickworks was a no go for me as Its just not a place i like to drive to. The Ducati Oakville dealker is 5 minutes from my house, I can go see him, all the bikes are on display and if I'm nice , I'll get coffee.

Cool event and they must have sent me 3 reminders to make certain the place was full.

These events along with the live launches on social media are replacing bike shows as they feel they can engage with their customers and prospects more directly and in a controlled environment to sell the brand essence.

Ducati NA’s CEO did the the full presentation including the reveals of all the new models and without a doubt is definitely a passionate motorcycle enthusiast and Brand ambassador.

Ducati has picked up on this as of late, from something Triumph has been doing for years . However the British guys pick also cool venues , like the warplane museum in Hamilton, and seem to be able the 'read the room' a bit better .
The brickworks was a no go for me as Its just not a place i like to drive to. The Ducati Oakville dealker is 5 minutes from my house, I can go see him, all the bikes are on display and if I'm nice , I'll get coffee.
The last Triumph event I went to (which admittedly was a few years back) was at the Phoenix on Sherbourne. The Brickworks is a GREAT venue, especially in comparison to that!

That makes it even more likely that people will scoop them up and then not bother to attend. Make them $20, include a ducati coffee mug and attendance rate would shoot up.
Or ticket demand would drop like a stone. That's the way I'd do it as I think you're better off with an actual commitment for planning purposes and $20 at least will make it a commitment.

I agree with TK though, an open cavernous space with the volume cranked is almost unbearable and is impossible to hear anybody talk.

Back
Top Bottom