drz400sm with q3+ tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

drz400sm with q3+ tires

dnice

Dunlop Q3 Plus Front Tire (120/70-17)
Dunlop Q3 Plus Rear Tire (150/60-17)

im runnig these tires on my drz400sm but can't figure out which tire pressures to use, suzuki says 25/29 but dunlops site recommends a higher pressure in the front 32/30!

Talk to Dunlop and let them know you're running them on a DRZ and see what they recommend. My SXV owners manual specs a similar 26/29 F/R cold pressure, which I assumed was common on these lighter supermotos, otherwise they'd be unable able to heat up properly. Or maybe those pressures from Dunlop are hot pressures?

I see @blackcamaro just beat me to the same point.
Not exactly. The choices were follow suzuki or follow dunlop. He said follow suzuki, you said call dunlop. It's still a tie. You both seem to agree that lower is likely correct though.

Edit:
I see 25/33 for different dunlop tires.

Last edited:
Because you're riding on the street, not in competition, without tire warmers, I would look for about a 10% pressure rise from cold to hot.
Start with what Dunlop recommends, that'll put you in the ball park. And get a really good, preferably digital, tire gauge.

Dunlop Q3 Plus Front Tire (120/70-17)
Dunlop Q3 Plus Rear Tire (150/60-17)

im runnig these tires on my drz400sm but can't figure out which tire pressures to use, suzuki says 25/29 but dunlops site recommends a higher pressure in the front 32/30!
Dunlop also recommends tire warmers. So 45 min with warmers than adjust to 30.

would bridgestones bt090 work/fit ?
great sticky tires that don't need warmers; and TD worthy

will the 110/140 17s work for you?

short write up here https://www.petes-superbike.com/14070r17-bt090rg-wr250x-2008-p-1763.html whoops - could not remove ad for "customers also bought" which overrides articel text. fuk comp ad covers text

you could look at other reviews. Ive found people generally like em for grip. 120$ & 136$ front/rear at pete's sbk.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom