Drivetest Current State/ Covid booking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drivetest Current State/ Covid booking

Ardy

Hey all,

Trying to book my road test to get my M since Drivetest reopened.
I've had my M2 since September 2015; covid really throwing a wrench in me stretching out my M2.
As of right now, I have looked everywhere on Drivetest that is a reasonable distance to travel for the test, and nothing at all is available.

Are there any solutions other than booking a m course? Really don't want to spend the money.
The problem with the M compared to G tests is M tests only have up until September to run; have they said anywhere that they are extending all drivers licenses that have 'technically' expired.

Thanks all.

Hey all,

Trying to book my road test to get my M since Drivetest reopened.
I've had my M2 since September 2015; covid really throwing a wrench in me stretching out my M2.
As of right now, I have looked everywhere on Drivetest that is a reasonable distance to travel for the test, and nothing at all is available.

Are there any solutions other than booking a m course? Really don't want to spend the money.
The problem with the M compared to G tests is M tests only have up until September to run; have they said anywhere that they are extending all drivers licenses that have 'technically' expired.

Thanks all.
Nope. 2 choices only; Drive test or course.

Technically you might find a company willing to do a private exam 1 on 1 with an instructor.

Sounds good.
How long do you think they will extend the validity of expired drivers licenses? as of right now, they are until further notice.
"We are extending the validity of some government driver, vehicle and carrier products and services that expired on or after March 1, 2020. These will continue to remain valid and legal past the expiry until further notice."

Like I said before, M tests can only be done to SEPT, so if they extend it for only 6 more months, not like I can get my M in January.

Start contacting training facilities and discuss your options. They should be able to answer the questions you have and hopefully provide some options to match your timeframe and budget.

Sounds good.
How long do you think they will extend the validity of expired drivers licenses? as of right now, they are until further notice.
"We are extending the validity of some government driver, vehicle and carrier products and services that expired on or after March 1, 2020. These will continue to remain valid and legal past the expiry until further notice."

Like I said before, M tests can only be done to SEPT, so if they extend it for only 6 more months, not like I can get my M in January.
You can get your M via a course into October for sure.

As for the license expiration, that’s a guess. I would say end of this year for anything but a motorcycle.

You can get your M via a course into October for sure.

As for the license expiration, that’s a guess. I would say end of this year for anything but a motorcycle.
I suspect (but obviously dont know for sure) that Mx licenses will be extended until next fall (or more likely dec 31 2022 for convenience). They need to have sufficient time after the announcement for those delayed to get tested. They already have more students than test spots for this season.

You can schedule an appointment over the phone. Wait until later in the evening(its automated). My son had to finish up his G and his training school said they were booking in January but we asked if we could schedule the appointment and they were happy with that. They didn't have to pay someone to sit on the phone during the day to schedule. So we were able to get an appointment within 10 days!! Wednesday at 5pm was the test time. In Barrie though. Good luck. Keep trying, something will work out.

Does anyone know if this affects upgrading your license? I recently passed my M2X course but need to go to Drivetest to upgrade my license. Are there separate lines for tests, or is it one giant line for everything?

Does anyone know if this affects upgrading your license? I recently passed my M2X course but need to go to Drivetest to upgrade my license. Are there separate lines for tests, or is it one giant line for everything?
It keeps changing over time.
Last year there were two lines one for those with a test appointment scheduled and one for other people.
A person at the door screened you as you went in, and sent you to the right line.
Kid had to check in to get a number for his scheduled G2 test.

Before that (pre covid) there was a machine that you punched in what you wanted and it would give you a number.

Before that you went to an info line, told them what you were there for and got a number.

They only allow so many people in at a time.

It keeps changing over time.
Last year there were two lines one for those with a test appointment scheduled and one for other people.
A person at the door screened you as you went in, and sent you to the right line.
Kid had to check in to get a number for his scheduled G2 test.

Before that (pre covid) there was a machine that you punched in what you wanted and it would give you a number.

Before that you went to an info line, told them what you were there for and got a number.

They only allow so many people in at a time.

Alright, sounds like it will be a crapshoot either way. Thanks!

When I went in to get my license upgraded to M (pre Covid). I waited in line at the kiosk to get my number and was very polite to the lady there. She decided to process my new license on the spot and save me the torture of waiting. Took 2 minutes.

Shouldnt. I did mine in London and they had two separate lines. One for completed tests, where youd be and one waiting to write or do a drive test. Guy outside to direct traffic and it took me like 60 seconds to get everything processed after my M

I completed my M2X yesterday, instructor told me to call the drive test centre closest to me and ask what their policy is before going in. Some are walk in, some require an appointment. But no problem getting it done apparently.

Back
Top Bottom