Dover.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dover....

ahh.. just a old guy with a bad tan in thongs.. what do expect from cruiser riders. face palm.

There were bikes parked all over the town. Lots of riders standing around with big beer guts in front of them, and their wives/girlfriends/hookers also with big beer guts and big backsides too standing beside them. There was a spattering of still good-looking younger women who have not yet developed their beer guts and backsides yet, but time will surely take care of that.

I rolled into Port Dover around 1:00pm. Some apparently never made it, given the number of bikes I saw pulled off to the side at the OPP's license plate sticker and helmet DOT-approval checkpoint set up on Highway 6 south of Hamilton airport. If you made it past that checkpoint, you had a clear run until you hit stop-and-go traffic just as you entered Hagersville. Solid line of bikes headed south to Port Dover from there, and another solid line of bikes headed north back out of Port Dover. In Port Dover, it took about an hour to do one lap of the center part of town.

Lot's of interesting and rare bikes parked along the streets, lots more run of the mill not-so-interesting bikes of all types, sportbike, cruiser, touring bikes, dualsport, sidecars rigs, etc. My own bike, of which I have not come across even one on the road in all of last year or the year before that, was one of four that I saw in Port Dover. Some way-out customs including some very unique takes on the trike concept. Loud pipes abounded.

Trip back up Highway 6 was more of the same. Groups of bikes in formation doing a bit better than stop and go until they got through the lights at Hagersville, and then it was mostly clear cruising. You just had to watch for the occasional fool slithering his way through the riding formation while trying to find riding buddies somewhere in the hundred of so bikes ahead.

If you haven't gone before, it's worth a go to see the spectacle. It's probably even worth a second go too even if you're not into the cruiser scene, again, just for the spectacle.

Last edited:
There were a few other weirdos too. Pretty much the same as last year. Weather was good, cops were cool, bikes were nice!

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt :p

There were bikes parked all over the town. Lots of riders standing around with big beer guts in front of them, and their wives/girlfriends/hookers also with big beer guts and big backsides too standing beside them. There was a spattering of still good-looking younger women who have not yet developed their beer guts and backsides yet, but time will surely take care of that.

I rolled into Port Dover around 1:00pm. Some apparently never made it, given the number of bikes I saw pulled off to the side at the OPP's license plate sticker and helmet DOT-approval checkpoint set up on Highway 6 south of Hamilton airport. If you made it past that checkpoint, you had a clear run until you hit stop-and-go traffic just as you entered Hagersville. Solid line of bikes headed south to Port Dover from there, and another solid line of bikes headed north back out of Port Dover. In Port Dover, it took about an hour to do one lap of the center part of town.

Lot's of interesting and rare bikes parked along the streets, lots more run of the mill not-so-interesting bikes of all types, sportbike, cruiser, touring bikes, dualsport, sidecars rigs, etc. My own bike, of which I have not come across even one on the road in all of last year or the year before that, was one of four that I saw in Port Dover. Some way-out customs including some very unique takes on the trike concept. Loud pipes abounded.

Trip back up Highway 6 was more of the same. Groups of bikes in formation doing a bit better than stop and go until they got through the lights at Hagersville, and then it was mostly clear cruising. You just had to watch for the occasional fool slithering his way through the riding formation while trying to find riding buddies somewhere in the hundred of so bikes ahead.

If you haven't gone before, it's worth a go to see the spectacle. It's probably even worth a second go too even if you're not into the cruiser scene, again, just for the spectacle.

Thanks, great write up

just got back less then an hour ago. caught in the downpour between caledonia and hamilton(thank god i live in hamilton) first time riding in the rain and being the bike noobie I am i don't own any rain gear so I got SOAKED! May have missed it but highway 6 was blocked off just south of caledonia due to an accident. I hope it wasn't a bike!

Safe riding to everyone tonight!

Omg. Fatal crash on highway 6 involvin a biker and car. Biker was probably coming back from PD.

Rip. Ride safe

First, RIP to the rider returning from Dover. Saw it on the news. Very tragic!

I got back around 10:25. I left Hamilton around 6:30ish. Alone. Took the scenic route to PD (Miles Rd., River Rd., etc.) One of my coworkers game me directions. I didn't want to go via Hwy 6. I think it took me around a hour to get there. Made a few stops to check directions; take a few pictures. Didn't stay very long, but did manage to buy a hat and the seller even threw in a free bag :) I hadn't had supper and thought I would get something to eat there, but the weather started to change quickly.

Left around 8:50. Just as I got out of PD, it started to rain. Shoot! To be honest, at first I thought it was bugs! This was my very first time being caught in the rain while on my motorycycle. It wasn't as bad as I had expected; just had to slow it down. Oh, having to wipe my visor was nerve-racking though. I seriously thought I would have to park somewhere and have someone pick me up! The rain didn't last too long. Thank goodness! I stopped in Cayuga for gas. And...got lost on the way home. It was a little scary being lost on those dark, country roads. Used my high beams when I could. Somehow, I ended up on Hwy 6 which was fine because at least I knew exactly where I was :) Unfortunately, it started raining again.

Overall, I'm glad I went. Company would have been nice, but I really didn't decide to go until I got home from work. Will I go again? Probably, all being well. Maybe stay over? I don't know.

Anyway, I hope those of you who went are home safe and sound.

I think you took the wrong route turbo, I met up with the streetsville group, and they took me on an awesome tour there. I think we went down and around east, then west along the lake into Dover. Never ran into any traffic, and only had to pass one small group of cruisers.

They also had a safety/illegal mod check point on upper centennial just before it turned into hwy 56. They looked all around our bikes, and gave 3 of our group a short talking too.

First time in Dover for myself, I heard it wasn't as large as others, but it was still big, entertaining, and weather was awesome along lake Erie till around 10 or later.

Ride home was just going along hwy 6, it rained but I have good rain gear, so I didn't notice it much other than reduced visibility. We did pass by some accident, but got waved past and I couldn't tell much.

First time in Dover here .. man oh man what a good day.
lots of nice bikes, amazing weather, good times
long ride today .. Toronto to Dover .. Dover To barrie (to wish my grandmother a happy 92nd birthday) and then Barrie To Toronto .. lol
im beat ...

RIP rider

First time going for me.

Got there early, not too much traffic. Wish we had taken another route back, Highway 6 was a crawl until Hagersville and the sun was just beating down.

We were there most of the day, and decided to head out before the rain started rolling in. Had a lot of fun, lots of crazy bikes and lots of people having fun. Good times.

Did anyone else see the Hells Angels booth??

woot! go N3WMAN, Red Zeder and QuantumBlue919Guy

Damn wish we had rolled in with you guys. Traffic along that construction area was rediculous.

^ yea that was pretty funny. OPP everywhere and a HA booth. Support your local 81rs.

Did anyone else see the Hells Angels booth??

They are there every year, it's good P.R. for them, To get out of town, do not go out the way you came in, keep driveing strait though town, and turn right at #24, from there you can take #9 back to Hagesrville or keep on #24 to the 403.

Back
Top Bottom