Do you know this scumbag? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you know this scumbag?

I pay an additional $57 yr to reduce my deductible from $1000 to $250. So that works out to better than 10 years for one theft. I have suffered from 2.

Just got a call from Hamilton Police Department. Bike was found stranded in Hamilton and is sitting in an impound at the moment. Cop said from what he's heard its still in great shape. Fortunately Insurance claim has been processed and I've received my money because even if it does look the same cosmetically, I can guarantee she had the living schit beat outa her.
Funny though, the guy at impound said it looks more green than black...I need to go take a look and take my plate off anyways and let insurance deal with the rest, it might not even be my bike and the plates may have been swapped lol.
If it is my bike, someone probably had a fun 3 week joy ride on it though. I totally thought it was parted out or across seas by now.

Interesting. Do follow up.

Yes, insurance will want it right away....she'll be for sale again in no time as they'll be wanting to recoup their loss.

Just got a call from Hamilton Police Department. Bike was found stranded in Hamilton and is sitting in an impound at the moment. Cop said from what he's heard its still in great shape. Fortunately Insurance claim has been processed and I've received my money because even if it does look the same cosmetically, I can guarantee she had the living schit beat outa her.
Funny though, the guy at impound said it looks more green than black...I need to go take a look and take my plate off anyways and let insurance deal with the rest, it might not even be my bike and the plates may have been swapped lol.
If it is my bike, someone probably had a fun 3 week joy ride on it though. I totally thought it was parted out or across seas by now.
You can approach the insurance company to buy it back if that suits you. Chances are you can get it for lot less than the settlement (you keep the difference). Of course it's all at your risk -- if the bike has been abused it may not be worth it, if it was simply taken and abandoned -- could be a good deal. Take a good look, it will likely show up at Impact Auto in the Hammer and be auctioned as a theft vehicle -- you could also try to buy it back from them if you so desire.

They frequently spray paint the stolen rides before re-plating and hitting the street. Surprised if it is yours with the original plates.

Reactions: J_F
What good is the plate now?
Return the sticker for a refund or maybe it's a custom plate or he has a sentimental attachment to it. I would assume that you could get the plate off the stolen list.

The cost is rolled into the ins payout.
Service Ont says to report it stolen (that's been done) and it 'must' be replaced.

It wouldn't hurt to go take a look to see if it is a situation that you want to deal with. Who knows, thief might not have even started the engine. (They wouldn't have had the key.) Check for damage to the igniti0n switch and gas cap. It's entirely possible that the thief got wind of your post on the internet and dumped the bike, it has happened before.

It wouldn't hurt to go take a look to see if it is a situation that you want to deal with. Who knows, thief might not have even started the engine. (They wouldn't have had the key.) Check for damage to the igniti0n switch and gas cap. It's entirely possible that the thief got wind of your post on the internet and dumped the bike, it has happened before.
The thief may even be on here, it has happened before...

They frequently spray paint the stolen rides before re-plating and hitting the street. Surprised if it is yours with the original plates.

I saw one these dirty-dumped bikes last week

R6 with flat black rattle can paint job
toggle switch wired into the side for on-off
plate removed and dumped @ Kelseys 401/Dixie

would have been a nice bike before it got stolen

Said my goodbyes to my old 09 zx6r monster edition today. Before it was stolen, not a scratch on her, all issues fixed and ran like an absolute dream.
3 weeks later and this is what she looked like..... phuking bashtardz

So did they ride it or just bash it around a bit?
Looks like both. Steering lock was drilled out, ignition was cut out of the triple tree (triple tree is mangles also), added a bunch of usb connectors under the seat, drilled out the gas tank lock, dents all over the bike. It's just a complete mess. They could have at least used a better colour to spray paint it LOL.
This is what she looked like right before it was stolen.
PHLdRW9.jpg

Well it did look nice. A bunch of USB connectors? Troll the internet for your bike covered in cameras doing a ride for the six run around the gta.

Well it did look nice. A bunch of USB connectors? Troll the internet for your bike covered in cameras doing a ride for the six run around the gta.
A cigarette Lighter connector and a usb connector for a phone. It also had an Alpena Bluetooth Hub installed which is silly cause I thought those are for LED lights LOL! I'm a bit upset how Hamilton Police wouldn't take prints. I even have an idea of someone who was involved. They still wouldn't take prints unless it was "involved in other crimes" such as break and enter, robbery etc. Typical lazy cops eh? I just can't seem to gain respect for them.

A cigarette Lighter connector and a usb connector for a phone. It also had an Alpena Bluetooth Hub installed which is silly cause I thought those are for LED lights LOL! I'm a bit upset how Hamilton Police wouldn't take prints. I even have an idea of someone who was involved. They still wouldn't take prints unless it was "involved in other crimes" such as break and enter, robbery etc. Typical lazy cops eh? I just can't seem to gain respect for them.

I genuinely wonder about the whole fingerprint thing. Doubt it costs much, or takes much time, cops probably just can't be bothered.

About ten years ago now I had my car broken into in downtown Toronto. Druggie stole a $2000 laptop and a Leatherman, he was nice enough to leave his swiss army knife behind that he used to smash my window. Me being a wide eyed civilian figured the cops would want it for fingerprints alongside the security footage I had. First, I had to drop it off at the station because they wouldn't send anyone to pick it up even though I was 3-4 blocks away and cops passed by all the time. After waiting for an hour, the desk clerk looked at the knife which I had put in a ziploc bag and said they would take it but wouldn't do anything with it. Should have just kept it.

That was a beauty of a bike but I just don't get why anyone would go through all of the risk of stealing that if not to sell it overseas or somewhere as it was, shiny paint and all.

They just wanted a short-lived joy ride and spray painted it for what reason really in a large city of 3 million people?

Spray-paint to reduce the chance of the original owner spotting and recognising it, or of the cops recognising it from the description or photos. Know all those hooligan rides over the past couple of years, some of them advertised on facebook and the like? Plenty of stolen, unlicensed, and uninsured bikes on those.

It's rather odd that the thief actually spent effort into adding aftermarket stuff to it.

Original poster got his insurance payout; this bike is beyond saving, unfortunately.

So now you have closure, the old gal will get put to sleep at auction, you are now single. If it were me I'd be out doing testrides to narrow down the parameters for my next girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom