Do you know this scumbag? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you know this scumbag?

Also, the moment you implement tighter access control to residents that translates into more steps (ie. Additional individual pin to enter building us fob, etc.) they'll complain.

Yep, but if something gets stolen or broken into, they'll complain as well. Can't win if you do, can't win if you don't.

Reminds me of the cruise my wife just returned from - 3 port days in Bermuda were cancelled because of hurricane Humberto and cruise rerouted to the south instead. It's hurricane season, that's almost to be expected - the cruise lines can change whatever the hell they want to ensure safety. But people were angry anyways of course. Captain announces 4 days in that they're going to try to make Bermuda afterall for one day. Some of the unhappy people are placated. Subsequently (and unsurprisingly) they hit heavy seas. Same people who were upset are now upset again because they don't like the amount of movement in the ship. Captain announces they are abandoning the attempt to make Bermuda anyways and head towards calmer seas. People angry again. Captain announces that they're giving everyone a 100% future cruise credit (effectively making this a free 7 day cruise) and some STILL weren't happy.... :cautious:

not that it really matters.....

but how do you know the guy in pic
who scanned the same fob twice
is the one who stole your bike?
He is wearing the same backpack in the picture on the bike as the guy who stole it 2 days later. Same fob, same backpack...I dunno, put 2 and 2 together and it makes sense. Just can't see his face in either pics as he was wearing a helmet on the bike and a mask when he stole it.

okay....so you have a picture/video of your bike being stolen?
I saw him walking it out of the garage on the video surveillance but the cop did not let me take a screenshot with my phone. He wasn't there when the lady showed me this footage so I was allowed to. I can go back and ask to see the footage of him walking it out again if that'd help.

Reactions: J_F
Unfortunate, the sad reality is that it sounds to me like the video evidence isn't going to help with much aside prove to your insurance company the fact the bike was indeed actually stolen. Hopefully you had theft coverage? Get the claim going and settled...when you get the cash, you have all winter to shop at this point. On the bright side, at least it's happened at the tail end of the season, not in May or June or something, and also...it's a buyers market this time of year so you should benefit from that buying a replacement.

Unfortunate, the sad reality is that it sounds to me like the video evidence isn't going to help with much aside prove to your insurance company the fact the bike was indeed actually stolen. Hopefully you had theft coverage? Get the claim going and settled...when you get the cash, you have all winter to shop at this point. On the bright side, at least it's happened at the tail end of the season, not in May or June or something, and also...it's a buyers market this time of year so you should benefit from that buying a replacement.
Yes, thankfully I have fire and theft. TD told me it would all be resolved within 10 business days, but the lady I was dealing with is sick and has been out of the office for the last 4 days.....of course :mad:. I am over the fact that my bike was stolen,I just feel violated and want my payout from insurance. I wish this among no one, it freakin sucks. You hear it happen all the time but never think your going to be the victim.
I wonder if the thief is a lurker on this forum and followed the OP's bike diary.
Never know...I hope not. All I've really stated is that I live in Burlington, which is a fairly large town.

... Never know...I hope not. All I've really stated is that I live in Burlington, which is a fairly large town.
and it's a long fall off the bridge if the town catches him.

He is wearing the same backpack in the picture on the bike as the guy who stole it 2 days later. Same fob, same backpack...I dunno, put 2 and 2 together and it makes sense. Just can't see his face in either pics as he was wearing a helmet on the bike and a mask when he stole it.

So.... you dont know.

At least that's what the defense will say.
I've been a jailer for 29 years.
'You know how many people I've seen going time for stealing motorcycles...?

Zero.

If insurance is dragging their feet for any reason, call and ask for another person to take over your claim.

[QUOTE="PrivatePilot, post: 2635779, member: 48498
Reminds me of the cruise my wife just returned from - 3 port days in Bermuda were cancelled because of hurricane Humberto and cruise rerouted to the south instead. It's hurricane season, that's almost to be expected - the cruise lines can change whatever the hell they want to ensure safety. But people were angry anyways of course. Captain announces 4 days in that they're going to try to make Bermuda afterall for one day. Some of the unhappy people are placated. Subsequently (and unsurprisingly) they hit heavy seas. Same people who were upset are now upset again because they don't like the amount of movement in the ship. Captain announces they are abandoning the attempt to make Bermuda anyways and head towards calmer seas. People angry again. Captain announces that they're giving everyone a 100% future cruise credit (effectively making this a free 7 day cruise) and some STILL weren't happy.... :cautious:
[/QUOTE]

not to derail Arogals thread, but jumpin Jesus, I've been on "that" boat. I also have thousands of miles sailing ( actually sailing, skipper of the boat, Atlantic, Pacific transits, all over the Caribbean. ) My wife loves cruise ships and has a pretty big log book on cruise lines. People do not realize how UGLY the atlantic gets in hurricane season ,heck in not hurricane season you can get 15-20 ft waves, which are an inconvenience to a 700ft boat, but when the beers are slidng acoss the bar and close the pool because all the water is sloshing out, you'd think somthing horrible happened like they ran out of lobster. You could offer free rum & coke and BJ's and some people would not be happy. Not spending the day head down in the crapper should be enough, but its never enough for some of these folks.

Yep you are right, I don't like rum :| coke and BJ's ? lol exactly what kind of ship are we running here.

Yep, but if something gets stolen or broken into, they'll complain as well. Can't win if you do, can't win if you don't.

You didn't miss much. When I was in high school I had a job ferrying courier cases to offshore banks -- I hated Bermuda assignments. Safe, yes -- but boring. 65000 drunks clinging to a rock, speed limits 15mph in town, 20mph on the highways. If you have never seen the island, 1 day is plenty, if I had to spend 3 days there I'd stay drowned in rum for 2.5 of them.

Before I write a letter the GWL Reality and look like an idiot. Would it be worth a try to see if they would pay for my $1000 deductible on my claim? I am receiving a payout within 48 hours which I am ok with, but its the $1000 deductible that bothers me. The fact that it was that easy for someone to enter the building and they don't have security cameras on certain doors to enter the building concerns me. They had the FOB registered in 2015 and it was used by an individual in our building, which whom they are unable to identify because they "don't take full names or suite numbers for reference". My landlord specifically said "all I need is a first name. I don't ask for a last name or a suite number, it's not a policy".

You can ask but I doubt they will pay up and I doubt you would get anywhere in small claims court. Better off raising the issue at the next board meeting (assuming condo or co-op) and just not letting it go until changes are made...

What would be interesting, have they now disabled the fob in question?

Before I write a letter the GWL Reality and look like an idiot. Would it be worth a try to see if they would pay for my $1000 deductible on my claim? I am receiving a payout within 48 hours which I am ok with, but its the $1000 deductible that bothers me. The fact that it was that easy for someone to enter the building and they don't have security cameras on certain doors to enter the building concerns me. They had the FOB registered in 2015 and it was used by an individual in our building, which whom they are unable to identify because they "don't take full names or suite numbers for reference". My landlord specifically said "all I need is a first name. I don't ask for a last name or a suite number, it's not a policy".
I highly doubt the building takes any responsibility for keeping your property safe :(

Our complex's garage door was left open for 3 days last year, some poor guy had his R3 stolen. Thieves just walked in, busted the steering lock and jumped it (saw the video). Owner complained to the board and wanted them to take some responsibility as the door was open for almost 72 hours. After investigation there was 'dust' on the sensor causing it to remain open, the superintendent got a small tongue lashing, owner got a 'sorry not sorry' and it was put to bed.

Thankfully the thieves didn't take a right turn instead of going straight or my FZ09 and the fiances Ninja 300 could have been plucked as well/instead.

Victim of a condo theft myself. Paying the deductible sucks, but I chose $250 instead of $1000 and the extra I was paying per year did not come close to $750. live and learn

Victim of a condo theft myself. Paying the deductible sucks, but I chose $250 instead of $1000 and the extra I was paying per year did not come close to $750. live and learn
To me, that way of calculating 'savings' only makes sense if you expect the bike to be stolen within a year.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom