Do you know this scumbag? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you know this scumbag?

arogal

Early 90s Kawasaki. Red shirt, backpack, blue passengers helmet on left passenger peg. He was affiliated with stealing my 2009 zx6r at 5166 lakeshore road in Burlington Ontario Tuesday September 24th 2019.
Trying to attach images but they are too big.
I'll try again shortly another way.

Oh damn, remember from your posts that you put in a lot of work and effort into the bike.

Hope he gets caught.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Early 90s Kawasaki. Red shirt, backpack, blue passengers helmet on left passenger peg. He was affiliated with stealing my 2009 zx6r at 5166 lakeshore road in Burlington Ontario Tuesday September 24th 2019.
Trying to attach images but they are too big.
I'll try again shortly another way.
use imgur and link it

Here's the link guys. This guy used the exact same fob the morning my bike was stolen. These pics are him on a bike 4 nights before mine was stolen. He was scoping out the scene so his theft in the future would be successful. My building has a "Sean B" name on the Hwy fob, but no suite # or full name and they have no idea who he is. They are gonna get a nice little letter from my lawyer also. Hope this guy gets *** f@cked hard

Last edited:
How'd he steal the bike?

Someone in your building must have had new key fobs made. Ask around. Once you find out, ask them who did it. Go to get new key FOBs from that guy. Tell him there's a really nice H2 just moved in. Watch to see how many FOBs he makes. Get out brass knuckles.

wondering how you connected that guy in the pic to the theft?

bummer about your bike
I know you'd been doing a lot of tuning work and stuff
insurance won't give you one cent for any of that

Connected him to the theft because it was the exact same fob key# as the guy who stole it

Someone in your building must have had new key fobs made. Ask around. Once you find out, ask them who did it. Go to get new key FOBs from that guy. Tell him there's a really nice H2 just moved in. Watch to see how many FOBs he makes. Get out brass knuckles.
Fob was registered in 2015....could he have got someone to copy them at an earlier date?

Curious, how do you know anything about the fob/remote that was used to open the door? Is the usage of these remotes logged somehow? If they are, and they are individually identifiable... like I don't understand how this is not a controlled access system, with only building tenants being able to open the door. If he had duplicated somebody else's fob, and it had showed up as them, then I would understand.

Also goes to show that condo parking security hasn't really changed/improved much. The parking garage door is just a speed bump

Like Rick mentioned above, many fob brands/technologies are easy to clone. Heck, you can do it in 60 seconds sitting in a Starbucks sipping on your latte using a cellphone if you have the right software, and blank fobs can be had dirt cheap on eBay and Amazon.

Curious, how do you know anything about the fob/remote that was used to open the door? Is the usage of these remotes logged somehow? If they are, and they are individually identifiable... like I don't understand how this is not a controlled access system, with only building tenants being able to open the door. If he had duplicated somebody else's fob, and it had showed up as them, then I would understand.

Also goes to show that condo parking security hasn't really changed/improved much. The parking garage door is just a speed bump
I know because I talked to our admin lady at my building. She was able to see that the exact same fob was used by the individual on both Sunday early AM and Tuesday at 6am. Yes, the security is very poor in my building, and tbh this put the icing on the cake and my wife and I will be looking at a townhouse shortly (definitely not having another bike here). The system is not controlled here, it is pathetic. They couldn't put a suite # to who it belonged to. Long story short, the previous landlord didn't really give a rats ash about anything and from what I've heard is she would just hand out a fob when one was lost and was probably too lazy to get important details to put on each fob's "profile" I guess? This FOB was registered September 2015.
Registered to the same guy?
Yes. Same fob registered under "Sean B" was used on both days. just different parts of the building as he used a door into the other building (which shares same underground) doesn't have a security camera while entering the building.
Waiting to hear back from insurance, but they seem to be taking there time.

Like Rick mentioned above, many fob brands/technologies are easy to clone. Heck, you can do it in 60 seconds sitting in a Starbucks sipping on your latte using a cellphone if you have the right software, and blank fobs can be had dirt cheap on eBay and Amazon.
It's a shame isn't it?

It's a shame isn't it?
It is a further shame that many condo management offices' charge absurds amount of money to provide replacement fobs and do a bit of paperwork. Which leads to a black market for cheap duplicates... rinse and repeat.

Fobs can be a lot more secure but they take a level of supervisory control (IE, the person responsible for handing them out and maintaining their programming and integrity) to work hard on the task. And they need to start out with technology that's actually secure to begin with - there are fobs that can be copied in 30 seconds, and others that are drastically more difficult. Given the reality that most of these people are probably minimum wage office jockeys, or maybe even the building super themselves and probably don't care all that much, and that none of them likely have the technical skills to know when security is at risk to begin with because of failed or outdated technology, this is where you end up.

Put an Infosec guy in charge of building security, give him a realistic budget to upgrade hardware as necessary, and the place would be locked down like fort knox inside a month.

But that would cost money.

It is a further shame that many condo management offices' charge absurds amount of money to provide replacement fobs and do a bit of paperwork. Which leads to a black market for cheap duplicates... rinse and repeat.

And the amount of condo fees you pay.

not that it really matters.....

but how do you know the guy in pic
who scanned the same fob twice
is the one who stole your bike?

Put an Infosec guy in charge of building security, give him a realistic budget to upgrade hardware as necessary, and the place would be locked down like fort knox inside a month.

But that would cost money.

Also, the moment you implement tighter access control to residents that translates into more steps (ie. Additional individual pin to enter building us fob, etc.) they'll complain.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom