Do you have a Yamaha Blue SPOT Caliper Piston Removal Tool? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you have a Yamaha Blue SPOT Caliper Piston Removal Tool?

oioioi

Site Supporter
Does any one have the specific Yamaha Caliper Piston Removal Tool that I can borrow for a few days?
Willing to travel within reason. I am all over the GTA everyday and even heading to Barrie tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

1583287248492.png

???

zip tie three in place, use compressed air to pop out the one you want.

Pretty sure he is just looking to borrow the funky looking starfish shaped socket wrench.

I was but not anymore.

I found out that this tool is not available here in Canada. Even for dealer technicians.
Was told that these do not come out after initial install at factory. (Or at least should not)

It is something that is only available in Japan or UK.

I have seen some on eBay from UK but didn’t need it that badly.

I needed it to have better access to the inside of the caliper for cleaning purposes.
My calipers do not come apart as they are one moulded piece.

I dealt with taking the pistons out another way.

Thank you anyways.

I figured that you were trying to anodize them a different colour or something. Instead of cleaning/repair, I would just buy another set of calipers. Yamaha has put those same calipers in a billion different bikes going back a billion years, they can't cost much to buy on the used market.

I have had the same damn calipers on my '06 FZ6 with an '03ish R6 front end, '07 FZ1, and now my '15 Tenere

I was but not anymore.

I found out that this tool is not available here in Canada. Even for dealer technicians.
Was told that these do not come out after initial install at factory. (Or at least should not)

It is something that is only available in Japan or UK.

I have seen some on eBay from UK but didn’t need it that badly.

I needed it to have better access to the inside of the caliper for cleaning purposes.
My calipers do not come apart as they are one moulded piece.

I dealt with taking the pistons out another way.

Thank you anyways.
Not surprised, I heard the monoblocs were a pain for service. Only bike I have them on is my latest purchase :|

I figured that you were trying to anodize them a different colour or something.

I've been told that I can be picky with things, but I would like to believe that I'm not that picky.

At the same time I was trying to take them out because I was being too picky about how well I clean them inside.
I had to step aside and just accept that I can only clean them as best as I can and just get over it.

From my understanding, there is also a seal in there behind the blue cap. That is also a part that I did not find available for sale. Good thing I didn't try to Mcgayver a way to open them.

Back
Top Bottom