Do you carry original ownership with you? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you carry original ownership with you?

DDean

Site Supporter
I have mine (originals) in a zip lock bag in a pocket, but over time these will take a beating. Id like to put photocopies in the storage but I think that we need originals on the road (at least ownership), right?

Im not going to keep the original ownership in the storage of the bike.

How do you guys deal with this?

Iirc you need the original proof of insurance with you at all times during operation of your vehicle. A photocopy of the ownership is acceptable, I keep the original ownership for my vehicles at the house and the ownership copy and insurance proof in my wallet.

Iirc you need the original proof of insurance with you at all times during operation of your vehicle. A photocopy of the ownership is acceptable, I keep the original ownership for my vehicles at the house and the ownership copy and insurance proof in my wallet.

That's my understanding as well. A photocopy of the ownership is fine.

Car/bike always had copy of ownership and original insurance. No problems

Always kept both originals on me. 90% of the time I have a tank bag. Put them in a ziploc and they're already in one of those plastic pouch things you get from dealers or insurance companies. Never had one issue and I've been doing this since the 90s. How is it they take a beating? :dontknow:

since everyone own smart phone nowadays wonder if a picture on the phone is acceptable?

since everyone own smart phone nowadays wonder if a picture on the phone is acceptable?

Insurance companies say yes, cops say no. At least as far as insurance goes.
Its safer just to carry a hard copy. Batteries die.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I carry a copy of the registration/license (ownership), but it is a double-sided copy taken after adding the little white plate registration sticker on the back...

New replacement ownerships are $10 for cars from the MTO. I can't imagine that bikes would cost more. I keep mine in a super thin wallet for now.

I have always kept my car ownership and insurance in my wallet so that I always have it with me. For some reason I keep my motorcycle ownership (original) and insurance (original) in one of those flip plastic things you get from the insurance company. I have to remember to take it with me when I go for a ride. I should probably just put my bike ownership and insurance with my car stuff in my wallet.

I have always carried originals. Don't know why; just always have. I lost my Chevelle insurance and ownership once and just went to the M.T.O. for new ownership and bugged my insurance provider to send me another set of slips.

I figure that by carrying the originals it is a "no brainer". No worries with whether it will be accepted by the officer or not if I were stopped.

I have always kept my car ownership and insurance in my wallet so that I always have it with me. For some reason I keep my motorcycle ownership (original) and insurance (original) in one of those flip plastic things you get from the insurance company. I have to remember to take it with me when I go for a ride. I should probably just put my bike ownership and insurance with my car stuff in my wallet.

I have always carried originals. Don't know why; just always have. I lost my Chevelle insurance and ownership once and just went to the M.T.O. for new ownership and bugged my insurance provider to send me another set of slips.

I figure that by carrying the originals it is a "no brainer". No worries with whether it will be accepted by the officer or not if I were stopped.

I never had a prob giving a beat up ownership. My uncle never cared to pay for a new one. Cop told me i can get a new one. I told me uncle and he said not unless it's free.

Makes sense. Ill put both in my wallet. Ideally Id like to store both on the bike so I never have to think about it but obviously my concern is that if the bike is stolen, they have my original ownership too.

I keep the original ownership and insurance card in my wallet. Snow City gave me a nice small pouch to put them inside, so it's really convenient.

If you're making copies of your ownership, just make sure it's up to date with the new validation stickers.

For me it's just not worth the hassle of screwing up and getting a $110 ticket. There is no guarantee it'll get dropped if I provide the proper paperwork to the courts.

I just keep both originals in one of those cheap plastic flip wallets the insurance company gives you. This then goes into a ziplock bag, and I leave this package in my jacket. Most jackets what a zipped chest pocket (I've owned 5 riding jackets and they all have these), so it won't get lost and my jacket is always with me.

I just keep both originals in one of those cheap plastic flip wallets the insurance company gives you. This then goes into a ziplock bag, and I leave this package in my jacket. Most jackets what a zipped chest pocket (I've owned 5 riding jackets and they all have these), so it won't get lost and my jacket is always with me.

Stop making sense! We don't allow that kind of talk here. Must use copies. 20 years of driving/riding and I've never not had originals and never ever have I had one "beat up" who's doing what to them? I'm lost for how they get all roughed up.

Try and use that photo copy at the accident reporting centre and see what happens. :)

Don't ask me how I know... ask the other guy. Got a nice LOL out of that 0% at fault on my behalf accident. Wife had to bring it to him.

I keep my insurance,ownership in my wallet for my bike. I'm the only one that can ride it, and I can't ride without my wallet.

If a bike thief was to find a bike abandoned and all alone in your condo parking garage with the ownership attached, could they sign the paper for you and transfer it to themselves to find it a new home?

Back
Top Bottom