Disobey Stop Sign Ticket | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disobey Stop Sign Ticket

ItalStal

Hey Guys, wondering if I can get some input here.

I got a ticket for disobey stop sign - fail to stop hta 136(1)(a)

When the officer came to my window I did not admit guilt and stated that I had stopped at the stop sign. He then went back to his cruiser and checked the video. Came back and said that he reviewed the video and I had gone through without stopping.

When I take this to court, would it matter if the officer shows up at all if there is an actual video? Or can I just be convicted by the evidence alone without him there.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

They can view video in the car? Thought the footage was stored in the trunk and is downloaded at the end of the shift?

If he stated that there was video, I suggest that you request a copy of it in your disclosure. You can be convicted on his evidence, alone, but if there's video then you want it.

They can view video in the car? Thought the footage was stored in the trunk and is downloaded at the end of the shift?

He might have just been fronting.

If he stated that there was video, I suggest that you request a copy of it in your disclosure. You can be convicted on his evidence, alone, but if there's video then you want it.

He might have just been fronting.

When I request disclosure shouldent all the evidence be disclosed anyways? Do they send out a cd or something with the video on it? His exact words were "when in court they will review the video and convict you then"

When I request disclosure shouldent all the evidence be disclosed anyways? Do they send out a cd or something with the video on it? His exact words were "when in court they will review the video and convict you then"

Read the sticky post on fighting your tickets, paying special attention to the parts about disclosure. Short answer is that you don't want to use their form and you don't want to have to count on getting everything, or even the existence of a video.

Correct. They can however review their daily recordings if they wish before they get back to the station and it is downloaded for the day. Assuming this is York Regional.

My girlfriend got two of these in a month in our 'hood. She hired one of those ticket fighting services and got off both - only had to pay the fee for the service.

Think about it: stopping is wheels not turning. Anything else is fail to stop. Technically.

My girlfriend got two of these in a month in our 'hood. She hired one of those ticket fighting services and got off both - only had to pay the fee for the service.

Think about it: stopping is wheels not turning. Anything else is fail to stop. Technically.

It's also failure to stop if you go past the thick white line, before coming to a stop.

Where the officer was positioned I believe that a video recording would not have seen my wheels or where the white line was because of a snow bank.

I will find out when/if I get this video.

How much did your gf get charged for the legal fee's?

Back
Top Bottom