• Welcome to the new GTAM. Have a look around and please post any issues in the Support Forum. Be sure to check out your profile settings to confirm all your settings.

disability/death insurance for racing

boyoboy

At 58 and thinking of racing; Im wondering about a serious disability/death and the situation it would leave my family in.

Does anyone have an insurance policy for this? Wondering what 1-2 million of coverage would cost- that will cover you in a racing incident.

Maybe I should put this question in the insurance forum.

boyoboy

Unless you already have an insurance policy it's going to be very expensive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
the only disability/life insurance (outside car/bike) I've had was when it came w employment. I have no insurance at the moment. Maybe I should be looking at getting a policy in general that would also cover me for a track incident. Would want to have someone qualified look at the policy and tell me if it covers me for racing incidents? I wouldn't think asking an insurance provider right off the bat if your covered for racing is a good idea unless req'd? I want everything above board 100%. Anyone have experience enough to throw out a rough estimate per year?

Last edited:

TSC_113

My existing insurance coverage covers me because I had the policy before I started racing. But one of the many question on the application asks about racinging motorized vehicle skydiving, flying in private planes etc.

TSC_113

I checked with my broker and he said they can't cancel the policy once it's in place but it could still be a struggle to get the payout if something happened. I also have insurance through my job

RacerX

At 58 and thinking of racing; Im wondering about a serious disability/death and the situation it would leave my family in.

Does anyone have an insurance policy for this? Wondering what 1-2 million of coverage would cost- that will cover you in a racing incident.

Maybe I should put this question in the insurance forum.

I bow my head to you for wanting to go racing at 58, you clearly have the passion for it.
I hope you find a way to get the insurance you're looking for.

smudger

I started racing in August 2017 at 54 years old (I just did the 1 round to get a taste of racing), good for you mate, you go for it.
I love the competitiveness of racing & even though this year (my first full racing season) ended a little early & not quite as I wanted it to I will be back next season.

I currently have life insurance with Manulife through work & before I started racing I asked about if there were any exclusions for competitive motor sport as an amateur & I was told there weren't any exclusions.
I don't have disability insurance though just the usual STD & LTD policies.

All the best, Martin

Last edited:

Top Bottom