Dirt riders using Orangeville sand pits beware | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dirt riders using Orangeville sand pits beware

Roadghost

The usual assortment of Toronto transplants are complaining about noise from dirt riders using the old Veteran's Way Pits. The land has been used for decades by dirt riders and bush partiers even though it is private property, but over the last few years more houses have been built nearby. What we need is someone to put a ghetto blaster back there with pre-recorded two-stroke sounds just for fun, but I'll leave that for some younger kids. Anyway, if anyone here is using those pits for riding, beware and watch for drones.

I bet it's actually a lot quieter then being at a self serve gas station when 20 Harley's pull in to do the Harley thing.

... you know, not a lot of sound comes out of the bottom of a gravel pit, (y) they must be catching good air off the vertical banks.

people are complaining about the noise.
so your plan is to make more noise?
am I missing something?

it won't be long before cops are there with a ticket book
maybe start looking for a legal spot to ride
sucks I realize, but riders are going to lose that spot sooner or later...already have

Ive done the riding area search with my son many years ago
ended up at a MX track, or going north, or doing the organized hare scrambles thing

anytime we saw a no trespassing sign...we stayed out.

Last edited:
Well that took whining to a whole new level. Because there is a motorized vehicle 40' from a well they are terrified for the quality of the drinking water? Bleep me Karen. I'm not saying bikes should be in the pit, but when people go that far down the crazy rabbit hole I ignore them as they have lost the ability to have rational thought.

The newer sub-divisions are getting pretty close to the pits. We moved up here in the late 80's and our house was located near the northwestern edge of town at the time. There was a large corn field at the west end of our street and the pits were just beyond that. We could often hear dirt bikes, but it was never an issue for us. Since then there has been development to both the north and west. Some of those homes might even be able to see the pits from their second floor windows, so I'm sure the sound could be an issue. Good luck to those residents because the chances of the Town taking any real action are minimal and the OPS is on the way out, soon to be replaced by OPP thanks to our Council.

Remember when they kicked the motorcycles out of Pickering Pits,
a year later they turned it into a huge landfill site and then all the locals had to deal with was the sound of D8's pushing garbage piles.

residents have been complaining for years , I would imagine with so many people offwork/school it hit epic proportions of riders. We had several pits abandoned near where I grew up and a huge old brickyard , one by one they got fences, signs and then trespass tickets.
Years ago there was pretty bad accident at a pit in Brampton and the properties owners insurance was on the hook for millions, it changed everything.

residents have been complaining for years , I would imagine with so many people offwork/school it hit epic proportions of riders. We had several pits abandoned near where I grew up and a huge old brickyard , one by one they got fences, signs and then trespass tickets.
Years ago there was pretty bad accident at a pit in Brampton and the properties owners insurance was on the hook for millions, it changed everything.

I remember that Brampton accident. The fellow was trespassing and got severely hurt resulting in paralysis. He sued, won but it was tossed on appeal as I think the judge decided his actions (negligence) were the reasons for the accident.

I remember the Pickering pit. OCMC used to race there in the mid seventies, and I spent plenty of time riding in the nearby valley and hydro lands in the early eighties, but NEVER on the hiking trail.

I also remember an abandoned pit at Morningside and the 401 where lots of people would take their dirt bikes in the early eighties. The noise from MX bikes on Saturday/Sunday eventually drove the residents to near armed rebellion and a confrontation requiring police intervention.

The old days weren't always good.

Speaking of electric bikes! I bet if you polled the locals how they would feel about allowing electric quiet bikes to ride there :ROFLMAO: need I say more
If they kick the bikes out I hope they turn it into a landfill next year.

If they were all electric nobody likely would have been complaining. Even as they leave the dealer, most 4stroke dual sports and quads pretty civilized, but there is always the guy that needs the FMF pipes.
Sometimes stupid loud isnt just the HD guys.

If the property is posted, they should stay out. Its really that simple.

In theory they don't even need to post it because the people trespassing know it is not their land.
I have some Hydro stock :LOL: it would be nice to be able to ride under the hydro cuts and just say you were checking on your investments.

Back
Top Bottom