Did you sell a R1 with a blue windscreen? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you sell a R1 with a blue windscreen?

"Police are trying to figure out who own the bike.
They say it had been sold without having been re-registered with the Ministry of Transportation."

Well gee, maybe start with the guy that last officially registered it and see if he wants it back,
otherwise just sell it at auction like you do with all the other stolen/recovered items.

They say it had been sold without having been re-registered with the Ministry of Transportation."

Well gee, maybe start with the guy that last officially registered it and see if he wants it back,
otherwise just sell it at auction like you do with all the other stolen/recovered items.

It could have been stolen from out of province or country and they haven't contacted Interpol yet.

Halton doesn't do auctions. Tow company gets stuck with it. Otherwise everything is supposed to go on www.gcsurplus.ca , www.Govdeals.ca or Police Auctions Canada

"Vito Ferrari, 46, from Oakville was arrested and faces several driving, insurance and weapons charges. "
He knows some people - they paint houses.

That's the guys,
I bought stolen **** off them before. Some of it turned out to be garbage, watch out for that, seller has no scruples.
Who has no scruples? The cops? The auction sites that have contracts where the police feed them stock to liquidate and they return a percentage to the cops?

The police auctions canada owner seems like a decent guy. He doesn't always know much about what he is selling but he tries to describe anything he thinks is important (which may or may not be important). I used to buy a decent amount of stuff off of him but haven't in quite a while as it is normally not worth the drive to go get it. AFAIK, Mike just picks up truck loads of product and sells it. Much of it is by definition stolen (theft recovery where cops were unable to locate the owner).

Who has no scruples? The cops? The auction sites that have contracts where the police feed them stock to liquidate and they return a percentage to the cops?

The police auctions canada owner seems like a decent guy. He doesn't always know much about what he is selling but he tries to describe anything he thinks is important (which may or may not be important). I used to buy a decent amount of stuff off of him but haven't in quite a while as it is normally not worth the drive to go get it. AFAIK, Mike just picks up truck loads of product and sells it. Much of it is by definition stolen (theft recovery where cops were unable to locate the owner).

Used to by stuff off him to. Nice guy. I was told all profits go to charity not back to police.

My experience is from long ago and out of Kingston, I doubt it would be the same organizer.
I never felt good about buying anything there and never received good value ymmv.

The one thing I like about the police auctions Canada is everything starts at $0.99 and goes to whatever it gets. Not start to high and realist lower until someone bids. Some stuff goes for to much but that’s the bidders fault. I see it all the time at the impact auctions. Last week someone paid $2450 for a 2019 Grom. That is about $3400 out the door and you still need to fix it. People get caught up.

It took me a long while to feel comfortable driving around with a 5th wheel tailgate that I got at a police auction,
I kept thinking somebody was going to recognize it and think I was a crook.

Then there was the stereo equipment :/ don't buy any stereo equipment. :LOL: even at 10 cents on the dollar that is 10 cents on the dollar wasted and I'm pretty sure they taxed it on top of that even then. go because they are fun, don't get sucked in.

The one thing I like about the police auctions Canada is everything starts at $0.99 and goes to whatever it gets. Not start to high and realist lower until someone bids. Some stuff goes for to much but that’s the bidders fault. I see it all the time at the impact auctions. Last week someone paid $2450 for a 2019 Grom. That is about $3400 out the door and you still need to fix it. People get caught up.

easy to do
I went to a boat auction bunch of years ago

old wooden Carver single screw cabin cruiser
heard it was gonna go cheap, like 2-3 K cheap
had been a live-aboard and needed a LOT of elbow grease
dumpster full of crap to be removed before you got to repairs
but the hull was good and was Cummins powered that ran

I got caught up and chased the thing to 9K
nearly got stuck with it but auctioneer helped me/seller out and kept it going
got one more bid and I was mightily relieved

easy to do
I went to a boat auction bunch of years ago

old wooden Carver single screw cabin cruiser
heard it was gonna go cheap, like 2-3 K cheap
had been a live-aboard and needed a LOT of elbow grease
dumpster full of crap to be removed before you got to repairs
but the hull was good and was Cummins powered that ran

I got caught up and chased the thing to 9K
nearly got stuck with it but auctioneer helped me/seller out and kept it going
got one more bid and I was mightily relieved
Haha. I went to a boat auction with my dad as a kid (Skinners marine in Rosedale after bankruptcy). Prices were great. We bought more than one boat (this one is ok and the price is great, this one is better and the price is great, etc). As we are trying to figure out how to explain to mom that dad has become an admiral, a guy walked up that had arrived late but wanted some boats for his dealership. Made a deal for a motor swap to combine the best boat with the best motor and he took the rest from the roll of cash in his pocket. Good deal all around. There was would could be a beautiful Carver 42 twin diesel there that needed some love but didn't look horrendous. King size bed in master, bathtub and shower in master head, shower in main head, just awesome. It went for 25K IIRC

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom