Did something a little silly... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did something a little silly...

Delboy

...and bought a 2002 SV650. Great condition, 18k miles, "lady driven" - which actually means nothing as I know some ladies that can haul ass.

I raced a SV650 in the National Series almost 20 years ago (where did the time go) and it was such fun, a big thanks to Mr. Bickle for pulling that together at the time. Twin races still seem to be quite popular and the SV remains relatively competitive, although the MT-07 is probably a better bike.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into it. I still have a lot of the parts that came off my old race bike so its going to be a "budget" build as I'll rebuild and reuse what I can, although parts like the Penske shock were quality back in the day so should still be OK for an old person like me... LOL

Last edited:
Congrats. Did you get it naked? Or the "S" with lower handlebars, higher foot pegs and a bikini fairing and windscreen?

I raced a SV650 in the National Series almost 20 years ago (where did the time go)
Wait, they haven't... (counts fingers)

Yikes I guess they have been around that long now. A timeless design :p

Congrats. Did you get it naked? Or the "S" with lower handlebars, higher foot pegs and a bikini fairing and windscreen?

Its the S, but I think I've found a set of Armour Bodies track body work for it. I like the Armour Bodies as it still has that curvy look. It just needs some minor repair and paint

That isn't silly. I tried to ride with a disc lock on my bike. Almost tipped over ?. Good luck on your purchase!

SV.jpg

Loved the SV! Such a good bike, would definitely get another someday

There's nothing silly about it man, I have seen 30 year old bikes on the road that are in amazing condition and fun to ride.

I wish I could find and buy a 1991 Honda NX-350, I would buy it so fast.......

All it was ever missing was a suspension and jet kit. The stock forks used to dive on me when i was 150lb lol.

Back
Top Bottom