Did ninja 300 appreciate in value or something according to insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did ninja 300 appreciate in value or something according to insurance?

:unsure: You figure the cost of your vehicle is the reason your motorcycle insurance rates are astronomically high? Nope, the hardware component value is almost insignificant in the realm of motorcycle insurance, we are paying the big bucks to finance the carbon based life forms.

OP wasn't asking about the rate, he was asking about what the insurance company valued the bike at. Ninja 300s right now on Kijiji have stupid high asking prices...I bought mine in 2018 and sold it in 2020 both around the mid 3k mark, most I see now are mid 4k and up.

Have they gone up in value? Unlikely. I'm sure asking prices will drop in a few months. Back then they initially valued mine at 4500. That's why I made that comment.

Either way, who knows why the insurance companies do anything they do...

OP wasn't asking about the rate, he was asking about what the insurance company valued the bike at. Ninja 300s right now on Kijiji have stupid high asking prices...I bought mine in 2018 and sold it in 2020 both around the mid 3k mark, most I see now are mid 4k and up.

Have they gone up in value? Unlikely. I'm sure asking prices will drop in a few months. Back then they initially valued mine at 4500. That's why I made that comment.

Money.
That's the only reason they are in business, they move money. Make huge profits doing it too,
it would be great work if you could get it, or do the work yourself but you're no longer allowed to insure yourself.

you're no longer allowed to insure yourself.

When did this happen? A buddy of mine was joking around about doing it. It was a few years ago, though.

It's due to time of year, the gangbusters motorcycle sales of last year and covid limiting options. Covid was the best thing to happen to Motorcycling in a long time by sales. Start of the season is coming so sell it high to the soon to be new riders. You've already stored the bike through winter so no point discounting it to get rid of it. People getting sick of indoors and sick of staying at home. Motorcycling can be enjoyed individually.

This of course, has nothing to do with insurance valuation. Only talking about Kijiji pricing.

Back
Top Bottom