Desjardins - Super Nakeds | GTAMotorcycle.com

Desjardins - Super Nakeds

Mr.Verceti

Hi all, just got my renewal and was pretty suprised at my rate- $2350 for the year on an S1000R. I dont think they classify these bikes as SSs... yet.

24 M Clean record, Mississauga postal code.

Give them a try if your looking for a decent rate.

Good to know thanks, tried a few places last year on various super nakeds and it was black list city!

I'm waiting on pins and needles for my 2019 renewal for the Thunder buggy. I'm 52 now and living outside the GTA so I might stand a chance. Just have to see I guess.

I'm waiting on pins and needles for my 2019 renewal for the Thunder buggy. I'm 52 now and living outside the GTA so I might stand a chance. Just have to see I guess.

My renewal (DesJardin) for my 2016 Tuono came in earlier this year and no rate increase, so I was happy. My cars on the other hand (Aviva) were jacked up 800 dollars more...…….no claims or tickets...…….FML

Desjardins is my insurance for my vehicle but Intact for my bike. I think I'm going to shop around, I think I called Desjardins for a quote on my bike but they wanted $200 more a year for my bike I think I remember.

Last edited:
Hi all, just got my renewal and was pretty suprised at my rate- $2350 for the year on an S1000R. I dont think they classify these bikes as SSs... yet.

24 M Clean record, Mississauga postal code.

Give them a try if your looking for a decent rate.
Dont you have to be minimum 25 with them?

TD give a good rate if you qualify for one of their group discounts.
I'm 31, married, 2 years of owner motorcycle ownership, clear record. Was quoted around 1100-1200 for 2018 Tuono factory. In the Ottawa area though.

Is all relative; 2350 per year for me would be more then double my current rates, which are already too high imho. Living in the woods does not lower your rates as much as you might think, mine never went down any time I moved, rates only go down when you sign up for a better deal with a new provider and then they increase them over time. If they sell their company they send you a letter to say they don't cover your bikes any more or they double your rates.
Is a shell game! guess which cup the peanut is under today.

Age and driving record mean a lot, as does your residence. Last year I paid $1200 or so for a 1300cc SS, and 900 for a 1300cc ST thru TD. This year I'm riding a 650 ADV and a 1300ST, I'm allowed to alternate with TD, they change the rate depending on which bike I'm riding, about $700 for the 650ADV and $900 for the 1300ST. I also have a couple of oldie naked UJM 1000cc bikes, a '76 and '82, which cost the same to insure as a modern 1000cc naked (FZ1, S1000R, Tuono), about $900.

Desjardin is the underwriter for my SS Naked since Aviva raised its prices this spring. Not many companies even offering quotes for SS or vintage anymore and those that do are charging more due to less competition.

Just got my Desjardin renewal today for my Tuono. Rates didn't go nuts (don't have exact numbers in front of me; might edit later this evening with actual numbers vs last years...) Up $8 net over last year.

52yo male, KW, M2 in 2014, M (can't remember; 2016?), clean record, also have house, umbrella and 2x cars with them.

Very happy it's not a Dear John letter. Pleased that the rates didn't skyrocket.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom