Desjardins denies claim due to modifications | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Desjardins denies claim due to modifications

Yeah okay, snow tires don't last 10 years, they only last 3 years if you buy them new. You only wear them for Christmas? I put my on from November 1st to April 15th.

Only snows that work well for 3 years are the Blizzaks, after that period, they are as good as all weathers. Otherwise, 5-6 years for most. After that, they do degrade. I had a set of Pirellis from 2012, sold them last year with the car, weren't even 50% worn, however, toward the last 2 years, they felt like regular tires vs winters, and imo, unsafe. When I got a new set, made a huge difference and I realized that regardless of wear, winter tires age quick.

Only snows that work well for 3 years are the Blizzaks, after that period, they are as good as all weathers. Otherwise, 5-6 years for most. After that, they do degrade. I had a set of Pirellis from 2012, sold them last year with the car, weren't even 50% worn, however, toward the last 2 years, they felt like regular tires vs winters, and imo, unsafe. When I got a new set, made a huge difference and I realized that regardless of wear, winter tires age quick.
Once they get past 50% wear, most winters tell you that they become all-seasons. It depends on the car and the tires how long I run them before replacement. My current X-ice are miles better than my current all-season in the snow and ice even though the all-seasons are almost new and the x-ice are almost dead. I'll leave the x-ice on next summer to burn off the remainder of the rubber and buy new ones in the fall of 2022. I am sure the new ones will be a big step up from the worn ones.

The used cars I have insured in recent memory I was always specifically asked if the car was modified. They also asked if it was right hand drive lol.

They did not ask this question for our new car, interesting enough. It is part of the contract but they did not specifically ask.

As for exhaust, it is a wear item and if I go to the muffler shop and they replace it with a "generic" one is the car now modified? Sort of a philosophical argument....

For snow tires, if someone only gets three years they are buying really cheap crappy ones, driving ridiculous kms each winter, lazy and driving on them into summer, there is something seriously wrong with the vehicle or many/all the above.

I get six to eight years. My logic has always been that if I just run all seasons I get about four years out of the tires with the kms I drive. If I go winter and all seasons I get pretty much double the time which almost covers the cost of two sets (would have needed two sets of tires anyways). Once the car is old enough to need tires but not expected to last another 8 years I go all season only, last time I actually went "all weather" and in the GTA they got the job done year around in all conditions!

My bike had mods, insurance paid for all of them when i provided receipts when it was written off. Was stock when i insured it and i never told them.

/shrug

I agree. My winter tires felt soft and warm in the snow the 1st year, then by the 2nd and 3rd year they felt hard in cold weather, almost like regular tires. The malleability disappears.

I agree. My winter tires felt soft and warm in the snow the 1st year, then by the 2nd and 3rd year they felt hard in cold weather, almost like regular tires. The malleability disappears.
That's not how it works peggy. What brand and model of tires did you have that degraded that quickly? What do you mean "felt soft and warm"? You poked them with your finger? Road feel? If so, what is warm road feel?

I have run Blizzaks and I was still in the sixth year range before they were "all seasons", even still way better than regular all seasons. Three years there is something else wrong or maybe one of those really really crappy discount tires.

That's not how it works peggy. What brand and model of tires did you have that degraded that quickly? What do you mean "felt soft and warm"? You poked them with your finger? Road feel? If so, what is warm road feel?
Yes I literally poked the tires the 1st time, over 2-3 winters they lost their softness, just like a bubble gum left in the air. I think they're Blizzak.

Back
Top Bottom