Denali Datadim D4 Help | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Denali Datadim D4 Help

Are there other pins on the relay? Are you sure you're on the right one?

Do you have a 110 to 12v power supply that you can use to provide power, and check if it's that connection?
The oem heater lead has two wires. Ground and hot.I checked them with a multimeter.

Ok, when i turn the bikes HighBeam on, the lowbeam goes off. They are not both on at the same time. Maybe i should try wiring it to the tail light for switched power. The Denali instructions say that the lowbeam hot lead could be used for switched power.

Ahh..you have one of those bikes.....ok. Low beam wire should work well though as that’s the trigger for 50% intensity that the datadim is looking for unless the datadim needs a constant input from that source for everything else to work (then tail light should work!). Is the datadim a normal electrical relay or is it some digital box with fancy circuitry?

Ahh..you have one of those bikes.....ok. Low beam wire should work well though as that’s the trigger for 50% intensity that the datadim is looking for unless the datadim needs a constant input from that source for everything else to work (then tail light should work!). Is the datadim a normal electrical relay or is it some digital box with fancy circuitry?
There is no diagram on the outside of the box like most relays. I'll try tapping into the lowbeam.

Hooked up to the low beam now.D4's are on (full power again i think) with bike on low beam.And off when the bike is on high beam.Sigh.

Hooked up to the low beam now.D4's are on (full power again i think) with bike on low beam.And off when the bike is on high beam.Sigh.

Hmmm. Unless the datadim is wonky it sounds like it needs a constant trigger from the “low beam” wire even when your using high beam then?

Found the answer.I need more stuff.

Interesting tidbit. Twisted Throttle owns Denali. If i had known that when i was looking for lights, i would have shopped elsewhere.

Interesting tidbit. Twisted Throttle owns Denali. If i had known that when i was looking for lights, i would have shopped elsewhere.

I don’t mind them. Just slow shipping sometimes on SW Motech stuff and a few others.

I had the same reservations having some bad experiences and not shopping wanting to shop at Twisted Throttle anymore. Though only thing I will buy from them is the Denali lights and I will get it through some twisted throttle dealer to avoid more duty charges even though I ordered from a Canadian site. Despite all that I think the Denali lights are priced right and you get everything you need to install. Have had them on all my GS's save my current one that I will be adding this year or next. I have always had mine installed at my dealer though, that stuff just leaves me perplexed.

On the phone with Denali support this afternoon.After describing my situation,he said that my switched power source was the problem.I extended my lead by a few feet and ran it back where i could pick up the tail light.VOILA! Works perfectly now.
Amazing.All you have to do is follow the ******* instructions.

b8663b34-e402-41d8-ba0f-d2f8cecf0866-original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom