Deep Bay Road - washout | GTAMotorcycle.com

Deep Bay Road - washout

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Was up in Haliburton all weekend and noticed a large section of Deep Bay Road washed away from the rains on Sunday, roughly 1/2way up the road. Must be about 100feet of the entire road is just gone.
It’s currently impassable and going to take a while to fix.

IMG_2507-696x421.jpg

IMG_2507-696x421.jpg
Aren't Vstrom's supposed to be like Jeeps? Everyone else is staring into the hole in amazement and you just calmly ride through and continue on with your day?

Last edited:
Was up in Haliburton all weekend and noticed a large section of Deep Bay Road washed away from the rains on Sunday, roughly 1/2way up the road. Must be about 100feet of the entire road is just gone.
It’s currently impassable and going to take a while to fix.
Bummer. My sister lives near there, it’s my fave road on the way to her place... was planning to run it this Friday. Maybe a good test for a Vstrom?

That's not very good news.

I was hoping to do that road in 2 weeks or so. I don't think they will repair to perfection in time but might make it passable.
:mad:

I read on a separate news feed that they were hoping to make the washout passable by Aug 12. So maybe there will at least be a temporary work around for a while until the road is finished up proper.

On a related note - I was in the car this time because we were doing the cottage thing just north of Kushog Lake Rd. Driving the car on some of these roads was not as fun - would not recommend.

Back
Top Bottom