Deals Gap trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Deals Gap trip

SVs

After reading the ride reports from various riders, I'd also like to take this trip. Too much reading of the ride reports can't be good for you, can't get rid of the itch. Anyone that are interested are welcome to join.

I'm planning to leave close to the end of June (25th) and the duration is 5 - 6 days. Route will crossing at Fort Erie, then 219, Skyline drive, and BRP to Deals Gap. Spend a day to tour around the area before heading home. Taking the interstate for the returning trip. Pace will be normal, like to enjoys the scenery as well. I'm also considering camping for 1 or 2 nights. Any members who had done this before could suggest places to camp would be appreciate it.

Last edited:
We saw tons of campgrounds along the BRP, so you shouldn't have problems there. Can't suggest any, as we moteled it.

Plan to straight shoot it to Front Royal, VA in 1 day. Rest, and get up early the next day. Like, crack of dawn early. It is possible to finish the Skyline and BRP in 1 day, especially around that time of June, but you need to get up early to do so. We didn't, and it took us 2 days. So 3 days total to make it to the Dragon.

Interstate back home can be done in 1, excruciatingly painful day along the interstate. I do not recommended this to the faint.

I may be up for this as soon as I can find my passport, just moved and I cant find anything ;P

Been there twice, and I plan to do it again soon, this time trying to add an extra day there...

The trip used to take 4 days and some. Departing Wednesday after 4PM, by night I am somewhere past Pittsburgh area ... end of Thursday in the Smoky Mountains area. On Friday ride the Dragon, Cherohala, Smokies for a day. Than Saturday take the BRP for half a day or longer, and in the afternoon start heading back home taking the hwy, stopping for the night somwhere in West Virginia. Ride Sunday all day, back home in time for dinner.

Not much for camping though :)

Last edited:
Sounds awesome, I want to hit up deals gap sometime this season. Any ballpark figure on how much a 5-6 day trip like this would cost

Sounds awesome, I want to hit up deals gap sometime this season. Any ballpark figure on how much a 5-6 day trip like this would cost

You are talking about 3200Kms, average 5.5 L/100Kms = 176 L gas, around $230 (less than that in the US). Meals, depends on you between $30 to $50 per day, average $200. Motels, 4 nights x $80, shared with one person, around $160 - $200. So overall you could do it with $600 if you share your motel rooms.

Looks like we are doing similar trips! when are you planning on leaving?

Back
Top Bottom