Day Trip and Hike - Peterbro, Warsaw Caves - Jun 11th Sat | GTAMotorcycle.com

Day Trip and Hike - Peterbro, Warsaw Caves - Jun 11th Sat

Arun_in_TO

Site Supporter
So this is my first attempt at organizing a bike tour and have not done any group rides. I am surely gonna need a lot of help and suggestions. Hopefully there are more riders with the same interests who would join in.

We can ride as a small group, check out the spots, hike the trails and get back as a group.

We can avoid highways if we have to 125/ 250cc riders interested. The pace should be relaxed as the scenery is breathtaking and there should be ample time to get there and back. We actually have destinations on this trip; so its not just about the ride either.

Here is the plan I suggest :

0800 - Meet up / Gas Stop ( Spot TBD )
0815 - Leave Toronto - Peterborough - Via. 401E, 35, 115
1000 - Arrive at [903 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, ON]
1000 - 1040 Quick breakfast - Coffee Stop
1100 - To Canoe Museum [910 Monaghan Road, Peterborough, ON K9J 5K4]
1100 - 1215 - Tour Canoe Museum
1230 - Leave Peterborugh - Warsaw Caves - Via. CNTY Rd 4 / Warsaw Road
1315 - Arrive at Warsaw caves [289 Caves Road Peterborough, ON K0L 3A0]
1330 - 1530 - 2 hours of hiking
1545 - head back ..

.... return trip

We can plan the return trip through back roads or head back to peterbrough from some grub ( and ice cream ) before heading back. Or we can ride through Omemee and check out the Youngtown Rock and Roll Museum [45 King St E, Omemee, ON K0L 2W0] youngtownmuseum.com

--
Map of the route for now :
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...142,-78.699188&spn=0.842917,2.113495&t=h&z=10

Here are the links for the other two places :

http://www.warsawcaves.com/hiking.htm

http://www.canoemuseum.ca/
Admission : 10.45$

So any inputs ? Extra things to see do in/ around pete-bro ?

Im still a newbie here, Am I missing something important ?
Are the planned times too tight ? Anyone else interested in riding with me ?

Hey, there's a forum for these :) I'm sure a mod can just move it for you. Make sure to read some of the stickied threads there on group riding if you've not gone on one before, especially if you'll be leading

Hey, there's a forum for these :) I'm sure a mod can just move it for you. Make sure to read some of the stickied threads there on group riding if you've not gone on one before, especially if you'll be leading

hey espro

Pls correct me if i am wrong, but by 'ride' most folks go for a preset loop around the city or to the Forks or niagara. I did not get an impression that they actually stop to check out any point of interest along the way. Thats in the "Rides/Hookup" section of the forum

The touring section did not seem too relevant too as all threads there were for multi day trips on a much more 'adventurous' scale. LOL.. thats why i posted here.

So, should i ask a moderator to move it someplace ?

Plus, I dont think me leading a riding group a smart move at all. I was hoping someone experienced at leading groups joins in, so he/she could lead and i can stay in the rear and learn. Do you want to volunteer ?
:)

l would be interest on helping and joining too, just msg me and let me know what you need me to get or put together

yay.. one more rider. Awesome, thanks for the offer dominicanito; for now we just need this :

* someone who has experience leading a group ride
* suggestions for a meeting spot in the east end, preferably with a gas station and coffee bar
* route suggestions for the best roads to and from warsaw caves
* more things we can do/see along the way

Hopefully we have a few more riders joining in and we are all set to go.

:)

Back
Top Bottom