Davies HD to become Pfaff HD | GTAMotorcycle.com

Davies HD to become Pfaff HD

DejaVu

Hot off FB

https://www.facebook.com/davies.harley/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

A message from Bob Davies -
Robyn and I have sold our business, Davies Harley-Davidson, to Pfaff Automotive Partners, effective September 26, 2016. At that time, the dealership will become Pfaff Harley-Davidson and will join a family of great brands in their diverse portfolio.
While the ownership of the dealership will be new, Pfaff has elected to keep all of our valued employees - the cornerstone of our business, our success, and our great relationship with you. The dealership’s new General Manager will be Chris Fox, who will be running things “all Harley” at the store - he will maintain his interest in Fox Harley-Davidson in Owen Sound and is also a shareholder in this new venture.
I started my Harley-Davidson story working for Deeley Harley-Davidson in February 1980; I was hired as a sales rep in Quebec and was promoted to District Manager for Quebec and the Maritimes. In 1986, I was transferred to Ontario and became the General/National Sales Manager. In 1992 we opened Davies Harley-Davidson in Richmond Hill. We won the Trev Deeley Award for Dealer of the Year in 1996 and built our new building and moved here in 1998. We have been a Gold or Platinum or Diamond dealer ever since.
It has been a privilege to have been a Harley-Davidson Dealer, and to represent the best brand in the world. It was a long process finding the right group to pass the torch to, but we’re confident we’ve found it in Pfaff. They have a history of partnering with the coolest brands, and bringing them to life for their passionate, enthusiastic customers, and we think they’re a great fit for Harley-Davidson. They’re as driven by passion, excitement, and history as we are, and we think they’ll bring a lot of new people to our cherished brand, and their reputation for great service means they’ll take great care of our existing customers.
It’s been a hell of a ride. I hope to see you on the road.
Best wishes,
Bob Davies

That place was run really poorly. Unfriendly staff, very unprofessional

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Look for this to end up as the most expensive dealership in GTA. Pfaff sell Audi and Porsche as well as VW, so nothing cheap. And now Gunter in a white lab coat will service your bike not Tony in a black Harley t-shirt. Hope I'm wrong.

well...it seems like that's not going to change.

What makes you say that?

It becomes Pfaff Harley Davidson on Monday. A new GM will be running things. It might take some time but I'm sure that you will find that things that need to be changed will be changed.

(btw I have worked for Pfaff Porsche for over 21 years.)

..Tom

Last edited:
Look for this to end up as the most expensive dealership in GTA. Pfaff sell Audi and Porsche as well as VW, so nothing cheap. And now Gunter in a white lab coat will service your bike not Tony in a black Harley t-shirt. Hope I'm wrong.

We also sell BMW and Toyota (Hallmark Toyota in Orangville.)

I don't think Harley is about being the cheapest brand out there and I don't think any Harley dealerships would count as being the cheapest bike dealerships.

..Tom

ps: we don't have any technicians named Gunter as far as I know.

Last edited:

A top quality franchise (by all accounts) taking over and potentially offering top quality service will always have a cost. Since when have Harley been known for being a value choice?

No affiliation with Pfaff btw

Considering some of their reviews, I'm not sure keeping all the current employees is the best decision....lots of complaints specific to the staff.

Organizations are run top down. Employees can be made or broken.

As V-tom pointed out, just because they still have a job as of now, does not mean they will as of next month if they chose not to buy into any changes the new management deems necessary. I don't think Pfaff will have problems paying severance if need be.

Good on them as is for giving the current staff the opportunity.. that's not always the way in these deals.

This thread reminded me of the downtown Ducati/HD that caved in. Gonna fall asleep smiling tonight

We also sell BMW and Toyota (Hallmark Toyota in Orangville.)

I don't think Harley is about being the cheapest brand out there and I don't think any Harley dealerships would count as being the cheapest bike dealerships.

..Tom

ps: we don't have any technicians named Gunter as far as I know.

Harleys aren't ever going to be cheap, that's for sure. That is not the problem. You get some kid walking in to dream about owning a Sportster he asks a question, and get's a snarkey or sneering response from a staffer who knows he doesn't have the money (right now that is) to buy today and you get bad rep. Two years from now that kid has a job as an engineering intern and the last place he's buying is at your dealership. Five years from now he's buying a full-dresser and you're SOL again. People have long memories.

Don't ever judge a Harley rider by his appearance. Often the guys who are loaded wear ratty jean jackets, hacked up biker boots and arrive in an old F-150 pickup truck. Harley owners come from all walks of life - doctors, lawyers, tradesmen and factory workers. They all spend a lot of money on their rides. If your staff is a problem and you don't know it, you'll have a tough time staying in the game. Good luck with the dealership.

Harleys aren't ever going to be cheap, that's for sure. That is not the problem. You get some kid walking in to dream about owning a Sportster he asks a question, and get's a snarkey or sneering response from a staffer who knows he doesn't have the money (right now that is) to buy today and you get bad rep. Two years from now that kid has a job as an engineering intern and the last place he's buying is at your dealership. Five years from now he's buying a full-dresser and you're SOL again. People have long memories.

This is very true, and I feel has killed more than one dealer in TO. The turnaround time doesn't even have to be as long as five years

Don't ever judge a Harley rider by his appearance. Often the guys who are loaded wear ratty jean jackets, hacked up biker boots and arrive in an old F-150 pickup truck.

Don't ever judge ANYONE by their appearance.

About 25 years ago I walked into Bay Bloor Radio (yeah, the big fancy high-end audiophile shop in Toronto) with $1500 in cash in my wallet to spend on a new high-end receiver for my Stereo. At the time, that was my thing - audio equipment.

Given as how I was in my late teens at that point I'm guessing I didn't look like the sort of person who had that sort of disposable income, much less had it in my pocket. But I did, and I knew what I wanted, I just had to find a salesperson to sell it to me.

Except none would. I got brushed off, sneered off, and one salesperson that even bothered to talk to me after I chased him down rushed off when he saw someone else looking at a set of expensive speakers - apparently he looked like he had deeper pockets.

So I walked out with my $1500 in my pocket and bought elsewhere instead. And I've never been back.

Well if we're going back decades I've got a few grievances to air as well. About 45 years ago my newspaper route manager perfected the big hat no cattle routine right down to feet up on the car salemans desk complete with lighting his Export "A" unfiltered off a rolled up $ bill.

Recent big box grievances involve but are not limited to purchasing a commercial grade gas dryer @ Goemans in Stoney Creek. I was ignored. That's right, ignored. I walked out and bought elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom