danny kent (15 moto3 champ) convicted for knife charge | GTAMotorcycle.com

danny kent (15 moto3 champ) convicted for knife charge

:unsure: What the heck is wrong with carrying a knife, I've had one on my hip for most of my life, used to even wear it onto air planes.

... just don't try and take it into the ball game, they get really upset about even seeing a knife at the gates, suddenly about 6 cops will look like they are about to tackle you.

oh 6 inch blade
:| he dropped his fish filet knife during a fight, ya that might not look so good.

That's the UK. Only a free country in their imagination. Very authoritarian by North American standards. In Canada you cannot carry a concealed weapon, but it's not necessarily a weapon just because it's concealed, if that makes any sense. Basically you can carry a knife of any size as long as there is an apparent legal purpose. That excludes self-defense. It also excludes hunting if you have no hunting or fishing license. If your job requires you to open boxes, cut shrink wrap, rope or similar general purpose (a general tool in case your bike breaks down) that's okay. But...

...if you're going to a bar, rap concert, or big party and there's a bust, carrying a knife is going to be an instant liability. Under Canadian law Danny Kent might have been convicted of carrying a concealed weapon if officers could prove he had intent to use it during his collection of a debt. He likely would not have been convicted, but defending himself in court would have been costly - a secret and often unjust consequence of running too close to the edge of Canadian law.

Our law is intentionally ambiguous to give judges the latitude to make a fair decision. UK law is simple: carry a knife, go to jail. Why? Because knives are the weapon of choice for criminals since handguns are more difficult to get onto an island in the sea.

Canadian Knife Laws - What You Can And Can't Carry - Canuck Survival

The Law on Samurai Swords

I thought the weapon of choice in the UK was a tactical umbrella :|

Back
Top Bottom