Dane Westby dies in street bike crash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dane Westby dies in street bike crash

CafeRay

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/935/23296/Motorcycle-Article/Dane-Westby-Dies-in-Streetbike-Crash.aspx

AMA superbike rider died yesterday on a street bike, lost control, no cars involved.
Show even the best riders can run into trouble on public roads.

WestbyReturn.jpg

A family member of his said that it happened right across from one of the businesses and he believes that someone came out and didn't look and Dane tried to avoid the car. Obviously it is all speculation but a rider of his capabilities I wouldn't assume to just loose it without something happening.

It doesn't say anywhere that speed was a factor. Don't assume that because he was a pro racer he was riding above the posted limit.

Don't assume what you think I'm assuming.

Crash site was just north of the intersection shown in the google maps link, immediately past the Whataburger place and the 35 mph speed limit sign, with the bikeing landing against the hydro pole.

7227925_G.jpg

So why even bring the speed limit into the conversation? It's not a factor in the incident.

wonder if there is security camera footage from the burger place?

Rip

So why even bring the speed limit into the conversation? It's not a factor in the incident.

The speed limit is a factor in that it gives an idea of what expected raw traffic speeds and expected speed differentials between vehicles should be in the area, including those of the motorcycle and any other vehicle(s) that may or may not have been involved, which in turn affects the ability to brake and maneuver to avoid a crash and affects the impact forces if a crash is not avoidable.

I don't think it's right for any of to try and spin his death to fit our agenda by speculating as to the cause.
Whether it be crazed cagers, speed or UFOs. My condolences to friends and family. May he R.I.P.

From the skidmarks at the accident scene, it would appear he was on the brakes and trying to avoid something from the direction they run off toward the curb. He was in the left part of the right hand lane, where he should have been.

Very sad indeed, RIP.

Back
Top Bottom