Dan @ Champion Cycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dan @ Champion Cycle

MTRCYCLS

Thumbs up to Dan @ Champion Cycle! I dropped my bike off at his shop on Saturday evening to get a nitrous system installed on my SV1000 and he had my baby back in my arms on Tuesday afternoon (as he promised). He even threw in a twin bottle system for the same price (just because it looked badass with the dual pipes :D).Overall, great experience... relatively inexpensive, quick turnaround, friendly, and knowledgeable... will def be a returning customer.

Thanks Dan!

Last edited:
y4avuby9.jpg

8apa8ygy.jpg

Here are some photos (the only ones i have on my phone) not sure about the quality of the photo because tapatalk doesnt let me upload huge files!

Sent from my iPhone!

Last edited:
This is the latest thread on this shop so I'll chime in with my experience.

Took my RS125 there for a general look over and tune up and a high idle issue. Gave him a box of parts since they are hard to find for this bike and asked him to take a look at what was on it and replace only what was needed.

He replaced literally everything which I don't think was necessary but I guess maybe it was, didn't resolve my high idle problem, and lost a few parts (I got MOST of them back). Left parts hanging off the bike that I had to figure out how to reinstall and his mechanic was scratching the crap out of parts while he tried to jam the part (the button for using the on board computer) on incorrectly before I intervened. Left my passenger seat unbolted (found out when it almost fell off). Left an EFI light on the bike because the TPS was left disconnected (he later apologized for that after denying they ever touched it).

Got a $900 bill with no list of what was actually done and wanted cash. Would have taken credit card but then he'd charge more.

Also claimed to very familiar with my model of bike when I contacted him but then asked me all kinds of basic questions when I picked it up and, like I said, they didn't know how some of it goes back together or even what some of the parts were (like the tank support, for example). Asked if the button for the computer was aftermarket. Also told me he didn't actually have the machine for reading or clearing codes from anything European. Asked him about some kind of sensor on top of the engine and he had no idea what it was.

I had some extra bolts I supplied in that pile of parts I gave them and never got them back. He stopped replying to my emails.

Also said I didn't need an appointment and to drop the bike off whenever and then took a week before he even looked at it.

Overall I wasn't completely dissatisfied but there was definitely a lot of room for improvement. The bike did seem a bit peppier after the tune up and he got my tires and new speedo sensor installed fine but it still idles high on occasion and kind of stutters in first sometimes when accelerating. Seeing a mechanic try to force parts like that sure got on my nerves.

Back
Top Bottom