Cycle World - Mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cycle World - Mississauga

Dynamik

Did not see a review up here yet for the Mississauga CW at Wolfedale & Central Pkwy, just wanted to share my experience. (Service only, not apparel/stock related)

I took two dirtbikes here to get them checked out back in March (1st time buy for GF and I, 05 CRF230 & 06 CRF250X), the main mechanic (Bart) was very thorough, straightforward, and super fast on the turnaround. When we screwed up the idle switch because we didn't know what the hell we were doing on the first ride, we took the bike back thinking (wrongly) that they forgot to do something -- Bart calmly took a look, saw the problem and fixed the issue. Bikes have been running great since, although same can't be said for my dirt riding skills.

More recently, I had a troubling issue with my front brakes that I couldn't resolve on my '03 ZX6R track bike (stock except for a beautiful honda civic pipe drawing stares at every tech inspection) and the guys there didn't just do the easy 'replace master cylinder & everything upstream', but they found the issue & it cost me a fraction of what it could have been.

Pluses: honest/fair, quick turnaround time, hours of operation (most days til 7pm), attitude
Negatives: timely updates / communication (although I didn't really give them a chance, I kept calling every day so not a big issue for me)

Bart is a well known motocross guy, have been by there and he's a straight up kind of guy. My girlfriend had some maintenance done there on her R6, wasn't too expensive. I don't find much of their products at a good enough price to purchase even though they are very close to me.

I didn't try the service but the parts/gear is mostly overpriced and old models. Too bad they didn't do a GP/Royal style store in mississauga. I would imagine it would be busy.

Bought a chain from them for a good price, was a top end RK. Sprockets were cheaper at Powersports on Hensall Circle. They wouldn't match the price so I only bought the chain.

Seems like a bit of a forgotten place. I was the only customer at the time and I was there for about 10 min. Same building as Envy but a smaller, side store. They had a whole bunch of used bikes for sale as well, didn't check their prices though.

Both Bart and the older lady behind the counter were polite, however I was disappointed that they wouldn't price match, especially considering that I was already buying one product at their regular price.

Back
Top Bottom