CSBK | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK

Any idea what the sticking points are beyond both Bondar and Fraser being prickly individuals and not able to get along?
One of those parties has managed to get along with plenty of people who REALLY don't like them long enough and well enough to keep road racing alive in Canada for decades.

The other party has managed to lose a car race series, most of the competitors in what used to be the second-biggest motorcycle series, a national round, and most of their credibility in two short years.... I think any objective observer can see where the problem lies.

To add more perspective ... SOAR, which has had plenty of political rumblings and goings on with CSBK (or at least the track has) still manages to not only put on one of the most successful national rounds, but a thriving regional race series with bumper fields, purely by focusing on the stuff that matters: the community and the best interests of the sport.

One of those parties has managed to get along with plenty of people who REALLY don't like them long enough and well enough to keep road racing alive in Canada for decades.

The other party has managed to lose a car race series, most of the competitors in what used to be the second-biggest motorcycle series, a national round, and most of their credibility in two short years.... I think any objective observer can see where the problem lies.
Its the Bondars' sandbox - they can (and will) do whatever they want.

To add more perspective ... SOAR, which has had plenty of political rumblings and goings on with CSBK (or at least the track has) still manages to not only put on one of the most successful national rounds, but a thriving regional race series with bumper fields, purely by focusing on the stuff that matters: the community and the best interests of the sport.
I believe SOAR and CSBK may use the same facility but are in no other way connected.

I believe SOAR and CSBK may use the same facility but are in no other way connected.
Correct, Soar has no part in CSBK. They just happen to have a round at the soar home track, so a lot of riders that CSBK weekend are Soar racers. That being said, the CSBK weekend grids were nowhere near the size of Soar weekends.

After running the one CSBK round this year, I won't be blowing my money on it again. The cost was a lot higher with way less fun, and I like fun.

Correct, Soar has no part in CSBK. They just happen to have a round at the soar home track, so a lot of riders that CSBK weekend are Soar racers. That being said, the CSBK weekend grids were nowhere near the size of Soar weekends.

After running the one CSBK round this year, I won't be blowing my money on it again. The cost was a lot higher with way less fun, and I like fun.
It is too bad when you try something new and it is not enjoyable. Especially as most of us blow our money for the pure fun factor.

As a SOAR racer I love what SOAR is and the community.

However representing that # of entries at SOAR across all classes to the CSBK 5 class structure is really an apple versus oranges comparison.

By my quick math on a pad of paper:

CSBK GB round had 92 entries for their 5 classification of racers
SOAR Round 1 for those same class structures had 94 (I took Lite SB as the equal to CSBK Lite which is not the same but close)

Discussion of costs etc are another separate discussion.

CSBK GB round had 92 entries for their 5 classification of racers
SOAR Round 1 for those same class structures had 94 (I took Lite SB as the equal to CSBK Lite which is not the same but close)
There was a time in the dim, dark, distant past we would have that many entries for AM Lightweight Production alone.
3 heat races and a last chance qualifier to get the grid down to 33 for the final.
Apples and oranges I know, but just making the show in those days was a cause for celebration.
And the stands would be packed.

There was a time in the dim, dark, distant past we would have that many entries for AM Lightweight Production alone.
3 heat races and a last chance qualifier to get the grid down to 33 for the final.
Apples and oranges I know, but just making the show in those days was a cause for celebration.

When production really meant 'production' and if you wanted to ride the track you raced.

I remember one usa vs canada weekend, the 600 production class had 200+ racers. 5 heat races of 42 racers. Finish in the top 7 just to race sunday. I crashed in my heat race, started 41 in the last chance qualifier. Finished in 2nd, so i got to start from 40th on sunday. Good times.

Reactions: TK4
I remember one usa vs canada weekend, the 600 production class had 200+ racers. 5 heat races of 42 racers. Finish in the top 7 just to race sunday. I crashed in my heat race, started 41 in the last chance qualifier. Finished in 2nd, so i got to start from 40th on sunday. Good times.
Yes and I remember 80 riders on the CanAm grid.

My dad remembers 100 riders in 555 Proddy

But what you all need to remember...

Track days didn't exist, or were not as accessible. Go have a look at how many riders are at Bogie for a track day and the money they spend.

Back in tye day it was all spent at the races because that was the only place you could ride the track. It's also why the meat grinder classes created some of the best riders in Canada. Steel sharpens steel.

Also... the Pro grids now are the same they have always been. It was always the Am classes that had oodles of people.

You want more racers?

Bring them from track days.

Back
Top Bottom