CSBK | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK

Wingboy

Site Supporter
I've never spectated at Mosport. Spent a lot of time there doing trackdays tho.
A lady friend wants me to take her to a Motorsports event. Opinions on which turn to camp out on,Which day to attend, do i have to buy tickets online or just show up? We will just be attending the one day. No overnite.

Kid and I went to VRRA mosport last year. We went everywhere to see what we liked best (well everywhere outside, not quite everywhere inside). For me, I would rank best spots as 3 (outside track) then before 2 (inside track) and then hill before 1 (outside track). We watched at 4 a bit but it wasn't as interesting. It looks like it would be interesting to ride but meh to watch. Riders up to an including Szoke look like they are tiptoeing through 5 in survival mode. Obviously that doesn't make sense and they are probably giving it all they can but it wasn't a great spectacle. Back straight was quite a hike and not a good spot to watch imo.

Not that you need it but a map for reference.
df78a80d473446e9fef813104c939689.gif

Last edited:
Can't find any info on what time i need to be there.

If speed is her thing, end of back straight outside of track at pedestrian bridge, can see 280km/h wheelies there. Into turn 3 is alot of passing, so outside of 3. Both have bathrooms right there. Warm ups start at 8:30- 9 ish, Racing before 11am if all goes well.

If speed is her thing, end of back straight outside of track at pedestrian bridge, can see 280km/h wheelies there. Into turn 3 is alot of passing, so outside of 3. Both have bathrooms right there. Warm ups start at 8:30- 9 ish, Racing before 11am if all goes well.
Thanks. I'll probably head for t3.
Do they allow backpacks with our own food and beverages?
She's very excited about this. Her husband passed away 25 years ago. He raced circle track, she says she is game for anything motorsports.

Thanks. I'll probably head for t3.
Do they allow backpacks with our own food and beverages?
She's very excited about this. Her husband passed away 25 years ago. He raced circle track, she says she is game for anything motorsports.
For VRRA, I didn't see restrictions on anything. I have no idea about CSBK. Given that the vendors are a decent hike away (and mostly closed for VRRA), I can't see then denying as much water as you want. No idea about the rest.

Your own food & drink is permitted. There's not a ton of shade, so maybe bring an umbrella or two if you're prone to burning:

Ticket details:

Weekend schedule:

Last time I was there they handed out a flyer with the track session times at the front gate.

Good times at Mosport today except for watching Nickerson go down hard entering t3. He went right thru the bottom of the hay bales and the Honda flipped over them and landed ontop of him.Broken rib, fractured T9. They are waiting to hear if he needs surgery or not.
Dumas won.

Unfortunately lots of crashes this weekend

Glad you made it out to watch

Hopefully you enjoyed
It was great.It was too bad that Stevens crash happened right in front of us.It scared my lady friend.But her late husband was a super modified race driver,so it's not entirely foreign to her.Just not used to seeing arms and legs flying.
Steven is at home and is just fine.Newman and Amazon put together a video on Instagram with my brothers crash sequence pics that is great.

It was great.It was too bad that Stevens crash happened right in front of us.It scared my lady friend.But her late husband was a super modified race driver,so it's not entirely foreign to her.Just not used to seeing arms and legs flying.
Steven is at home and is just fine.Newman and Amazon put together a video on Instagram with my brothers crash sequence pics that is great.
Thanks for sharing the pics. It was definitely a scary moment and the one thing I hate about mosport. Too many times my friends leave in ambulances.
It's too bad the same crowd and atmosphere never seems to travel to the other tracks, because that part is awesome.

Thanks for sharing the pics. It was definitely a scary moment and the one thing I hate about mosport. Too many times my friends leave in ambulances.
It's too bad the same crowd and atmosphere never seems to travel to the other tracks, because that part is awesome.
I really missed not hooking up with you and Kyle. Next time. (or just let me know where you are and I'll come by)

Still seems insane to me that CSBK and the folks at Shannonville can't work things out. Such a great place to go as a spectator, and it's not like Shannonville is booked solid with bigger events.

It's hard to compare now to when I was regularly going to see Picotte, McBain, Trombino and Crevier battle it out, as there was so much more money in the series then, but Shannonville always had the best vibe. Sitting in the big grandstand with the big crowd cheering passes you could see on the back straight was fantastic...

Still seems insane to me that CSBK and the folks at Shannonville can't work things out. Such a great place to go as a spectator, and it's not like Shannonville is booked solid with bigger events.

It's hard to compare now to when I was regularly going to see Picotte, McBain, Trombino and Crevier battle it out, as there was so much more money in the series then, but Shannonville always had the best vibe. Sitting in the big grandstand with the big crowd cheering passes you could see on the back straight was fantastic...

It really is a shame. We all had such high hopes when they bought it out. It is immensely sad, and frankly ruined the opportunity Covid gave us to reinvigorate the sport in a serious way.

It really is a shame. We all had such high hopes when they bought it out. It is immensely sad, and frankly ruined the opportunity Covid gave us to reinvigorate the sport in a serious way.

Any idea what the sticking points are beyond both Bondar and Fraser being prickly individuals and not able to get along?

Follow the money

What money? CSBK is barely bigger than a club series these days. Not to take away from the dedication and talent of the teams and riders, but it's definitely small time. I can't imagine TSN is dropping big bucks for their six month tape delay coverage, and rounds at Calabogie and Grand Bend can't draw much more than a hundred odd spectators.

I guess adding two rounds at Shannonville like they used to, at the beginning and end of the season, might mean there actually was a little bit of money...

What money? CSBK is barely bigger than a club series these days. Not to take away from the dedication and talent of the teams and riders, but it's definitely small time. I can't imagine TSN is dropping big bucks for their six month tape delay coverage, and rounds at Calabogie and Grand Bend can't draw much more than a hundred odd spectators.

I guess adding two rounds at Shannonville like they used to, at the beginning and end of the season, might mean there actually was a little bit of money...
Its all about the split between spectator, entry and sponsor money - not to mention vendors and concessionaires.
Who gets what slice of the shrunken pie ? Why do you think people like Bickle aren't on the premises ? I doubt TSN pays a single penny for production, same for Motorcycle Experience - sponsors do.
The Bondars have one idea, CSBK has another. Unless either party somehow finds a way to attract a big ticket supporter a la Molson or Castrol in the olden days, and as long as Ontario road racing is splintered between SOAR, Super Series and CSBK this is it. Sad, isn't it ?
You'll have to excuse me, I'm going to Georgian Downs and spend my $$$ watching dirt track next weekend instead.

Its all about the split between spectator, entry and sponsor money - not to mention vendors and concessionaires.
Who gets what slice of the shrunken pie ? Why do you think people like Bickle aren't on the premises ? I doubt TSN pays a single penny for production, same for Motorcycle Experience - sponsors do.
The Bondars have one idea, CSBK has another. Unless either party somehow finds a way to attract a big ticket supporter a la Molson or Castrol in the olden days, and as long as Ontario road racing is splintered between SOAR, Super Series and CSBK this is it. Sad, isn't it ?
You'll have to excuse me, I'm going to Georgian Downs and spend my $$$ watching dirt track next weekend instead.

Definitely sad. So many agendas, such a small pie...

Back
Top Bottom