CSBK Twins class for 2023 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK Twins class for 2023

Well, that's one way to fill up the grid. Who's going to have bikes built in time when it's 90 HP and no weight limits set yet ?

Last edited:
Could lead to some nice low power track bikes to replace the sv650 on the market

Sent from the future

How do HP limits work at this level of competition? If your bike dynos a little hot that day, I guess you better know how to lean out the map just enough to make it pass?

How do HP limits work at this level of competition? If your bike dynos a little hot that day, I guess you better know how to lean out the map just enough to make it pass?

Or shenanigans like that BMW S1000RR ECU that can tell from the IMU data that it's on a dyno and limits the power accordingly?

The dyno limit is really there just to stop the RS660 from dominating, so as long as they've got a handle on those, it should be a competitive series. Both the US and Aus series' have been able to make it work to some degree.

600's are verging on vintage racing these days, so finding ways to make the twins work as a class is inevitable. This year will likely be a bit of a test run to fine tune the regulations going forward...

Any time the bike goes on the dyno it better blow under. CSBK provides some trackside service to help you but you're on your own to make sure you meet the rules. Restricting the the airbox, altering ECU settings - whatever works.
In Lightweight Sportbike the Kawasaki 400s are required to run restrictors.

Well, that's one way to fill up the grid. Who's going to have bikes built in time when it's 90 HP and no weight limits set yet ?

I like when we make changes to try to make the sport better.

Unfortunate that it's late and to your point....by January few pro class riders would be uncommitted to a game plan AND willing to run the entire series.

So regional pros on existing bikes for the Ontario rounds and no one goes to Shubie?

I hope it does well but 1st year outings are always tough.

Reactions: TK4
I like when we make changes to try to make the sport better.

Unfortunate that it's late and to your point....by January few pro class riders would be uncommitted to a game plan AND willing to run the entire series.

So regional pros on existing bikes for the Ontario rounds and no one goes to Shubie?

I hope it does well but 1st year outings are always tough.
Yup you're right there. I'd really consider swapping the RSV4 to an RS.... its sort of my future plan anyway but no way I'm taking that on in mid-January!

I was really hoping it would kick off in '24 but oh well.... 1 more season loving the big bike isn't that bad of a deal!

Back
Top Bottom