CSBK Grand Bend Pro Sportbike | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK Grand Bend Pro Sportbike

Slick_Steveo

Site Supporter

Interesting to see how a decision like the one made this past weekend will affect any future race outcomes.

Anyone have thoughts?

Does it have anything to do with who they think was responsible for the red flag ? ….. It seems to open a can of worms ..like lead a lap past halfway , then fall down and win … Seems like a weird rule … I don't think anything was done on purpose this time , but it seems to open the door to some shenanigans .

Stupidest thing I have ever seen. I could pass half way mark in first and then have a mechanical issue. Jump off the bike and play dead to win the race.

... or you can, if you cross the finish line in the lead and then cause a red flag.

IIRC this rule was put in place (across many racing organizations) because of situations just like that.

I just checked the CSBK results page. There is a case that can be made for penalizing either Sebastian Tremblay (for crashing and thus being the proximate cause of the red flag) or Dylan Bauer (who arguably tried to do a dive-bomb inside) and it appears that neither one has. That's not right.

Video is available from a few different angles. My initial opinion was that Sebastian should have been penalized, but upon reviewing video, Dylan was behind until after Sebastian had already started turning in, and thus Dylan did not "have the line". IMO Dylan was at fault for the crash. Rulebook isn't really clear on whether "the person who fell down" or "the person who made someone else fall down" is to be penalized.

P.S. There was a somewhat-similar situation in WorldSBK Race 1 from this past weekend in which Jonathan Rae inside-dive-bombed Alex Lowes. Jonathan Rae was penalized but not until after post-race review (and after the podium presentations). I think Dorna got that one right. It was also quite clear that Jonathan Rae knew he was in the wrong.

The results of the CSBK Pro600 race were protested, and last night a tribunal upheld the protest. Sebastion Tremblay was moved to the back, because if you crash, and cause a red flag you cannot win, per the rule book," if you are on the ground". And Dylan was penalized for causing the incident.
I feel bad for the riders penalized, but it is the right call, what should have been done was a restart, with the 2 riders involved starting from the back, but at least they got it right in the end.

Its cool they got it right in the end, but as a spectator I would have liked to have seen a restart , there was lots of time and a lot of people showed up for the show. Even if it was only for 5 or 6 laps , to make sure everyone was carrying enough fuel to make it …

O'halloran got a DNS? Is that because he jumped the gun or did he decide not to continue after looping it off the line or some other reason?

"The MCC Competition Council Tribunal held a conference call on Tuesday June 11, 2019 to rule on the protest submitted by riders Tomas Casas, Will Hornblower and David McKay. Colin Fraser provided the history of the event and the rationale for the decisions made. Colin then left the call to leave the MCC Tribunal to discuss and decide the outcome of the protest. "

Sebastian is a good guy and he's had some pretty hard luck over his past few CSBK races. Decisions, like the one made at the track, should not be based on emotion. I hope he recovers and gets a win the right way.

I'm wondering if we will ever hear the CSBK "rationale" behind the on track decision.

"The MCC Competition Council Tribunal held a conference call on Tuesday June 11, 2019 to rule on the protest submitted by riders Tomas Casas, Will Hornblower and David McKay. Colin Fraser provided the history of the event and the rationale for the decisions made. Colin then left the call to leave the MCC Tribunal to discuss and decide the outcome of the protest. "

Sebastian is a good guy and he's had some pretty hard luck over his past few CSBK races. Decisions, like the one made at the track, should not be based on emotion. I hope he recovers and gets a win the right way.

I'm wondering if we will ever hear the CSBK "rationale" behind the on track decision.

Tough for Tremblay.

That's so sad, who put that to music? He was already having a rough day.

EDIT:
nvm, it was newman.

Neil is taking it pretty good. Best comment from the facebook thread:
Mike Johnston "What time is it at Neil's house?"
Jacob Black "I know it must be early in the morning because it's well past 12 o'clock!"

:ROFLMAO:

O'halloran got a DNS? Is that because he jumped the gun or did he decide not to continue after looping it off the line or some other reason?

He broke a foot peg off and CSBK wouldn't let him back out. He just laid the bike on it's side and sat on it to watch the rest of the race. He was in pretty good spirits considering he looped it. Only way to get air time on TV (youtube) when you're outside the top 5 lol

I don't know what the connection is between CSBK and MCC, but regardless, a sober second review of all available evidence by a third party resulted in the correct decision.

From their website -

"MCC is the national not-for-profit advocacy organization for the promotion of motorcycling interests. MCC provides a forum for members from across the country to share their expertise and communicate their needs to key decision makers and the public. We collaborate with member federations, clubs, partners, and international organizations to advance public policy and traffic safety issues that are important to Canadian motorcyclists."

Nowhere does it mention being an arbitrator for racing events ?

Make them happy for the moment so they don't burn down the track. Then strip them later when they are home and can't dispute it.

That's so sad, who put that to music? He was already having a rough day.

EDIT:
nvm, it was newman.
:p

Something feels wrong to me.
from the tribuanal...

The decision was not black and white. We donot believe that Dylan Bauer’s actionswere intentionalbut we did feelthat he was the ultimate cause of the red flag. We feltthat Sebastien Tremblay was the unfortunate victim however his crash did contribute to the red flag and subsequent end of the race. Based on the rules as written,the two riders (Dylan Bauer & Sebastien Tremblay)were deemed to have caused the race stopping incidentand as stated in F(7) will be placed at the back of their respective lap.

The tribunal first state the incident was CAUSED by Dylan Bauer - unintentionally. OK.
And then state Sebastien Tremblay WAS THE UNFORTUNATE VICTIM. OK.
And then in the next breathe state BOTH were deemed to have caused the race stopping incident !?!

Make up your minds. This is a decision that doesn't make sense - based on the tribunals own words?

Back
Top Bottom