CSBK at CTMP - presale tickets only (also H2R!!!) | GTAMotorcycle.com

CSBK at CTMP - presale tickets only (also H2R!!!)

DoASkid

For those of us that love watching motorcycle racing, don't forget! You HAVE to buy your tickets online before midday on Thursday if you want to show up and check out the CSBK at CTMP this weekend.

Also, the Kawasaki Ninja H2R will be doing demo laps on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Ticket link:

Last edited:
For those of us that love watching motorcycle racing, don't forget! You HAVE to buy your tickets online before midday on Thursday if you want to show up and check out the CSBK at CTMP this weekend.

Also, the Kawasaki Ninja H2R will be doing demo laps on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

Ticket link:
Is Szoke riding the H2R again? He was picking up the pace by the third lap last weekend but wanted a few more to be really comfortable on it.

I bet that thing is amazing at Mosport. If you are standing at turn 2 or 3 I bet you can hear it the whole way up the back straight in the trees... LOL

I bet that thing is amazing at Mosport. If you are standing at turn 2 or 3 I bet you can hear it the whole way up the back straight in the trees... LOL
I think it is safe to say, you can hear it banging through the gears everywhere around the track from anywhere around the track. Surprisingly, some of the vintage bikes were louder up close but obviously didn't have the wail.

How does it work for the demo? You buy the ticket to get in (take your gear) and then check in to see if spots are available for demo ride? Or is demo laps for pros only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it work for the demo? You buy the ticket to get in (take your gear) and then check in to see if spots are available for demo ride? Or is demo laps for pros only?

Haha. Not at all. That would be crazy. You get to watch Szoke flog it for three laps a day.

As if they're letting anyone take a H2R out on the track. That's a recipe for disaster.

both demo's got cancelled. Bad accident Saturday morning
Damn. Also a bad crash on wednesday. Best wishes to the riders in their recovery.

A 39-year-old man is in critical condition following a motorcycle collision at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Clarington.
The incident happened on Saturday, Aug. 14 at about 12:30 p.m. when a driver in a professional race lost control of his motorcycle, crashed into hay bales before hitting a cement wall, Durham Regional Police reported.
The man was taken by ambulance to a local hospital before being transferred to a Toronto-are trauma centre, where he remains, police added.

It was the second serious crash at the race track in days. On Wednesday, Aug. 11, a female motorcyclist crashed her bike and suffered hip and wrist injuries. She was taken to a local hospital before being transferred to another facility.

Mosport/CTMP is not a forgiving place. There were two bad crashes at the VRRA event at the end of Sunday, too. I saw the one at turn 1, and it was not a good feeling to see a rider totally motionless for minutes (that felt like hours) while waiting for the ambulance. It turned out to be him knocked unconscious with no other injuries, fortunately, though I know how brutal serious concussion symptoms can be.

Went to the CSBK races on Sunday, and there was some great battles in the Pro Superbike class. Szoke kept his championship hopes alive with incredible rides in races 2 and 3, proving he's not done yet.

Haven't been to a CSBK round in close to 20 years, and while the paddock isn't as flash without the big factory teams, it's still a great event to attend. Hopefully hatchets get buried enough to allow for a return to Shannonville, as it's such a great spot as a spectator. I'd also love a race west of Grand Bend, but there's a serious lack of suitable facilities...

Mosport/CTMP is not a forgiving place.
+1 It's so old school with all the armco and walls. There is no runoff anywhere.

I think they made turns 1 and 2 worse for motorcycles when they removed the grass on the outside, at least that slowed the rider a little. Its probably better for cars though and I'm sure they can make a lot more from the Truck series than they do from CSBK

+1 It's so old school with all the armco and walls. There is no runoff anywhere.

I think they made turns 1 and 2 worse for motorcycles when they removed the grass on the outside, at least that slowed the rider a little. Its probably better for cars though and I'm sure they can make a lot more from the Truck series than they do from CSBK
Do people slide all the way to the wall in 2? I figured all the asphalt there would allow sliding without tumbling so they stopped before the wall (assuming you went down on the track, if you tried to hang on crossing the asphalt, all bets are off).

Do people slide all the way to the wall in 2? I figured all the asphalt there would allow sliding without tumbling so they stopped before the wall (assuming you went down on the track, if you tried to hang on crossing the asphalt, all bets are off).
I have a friend who raced in the VRRA that did that, They had to pull his bike out of the tire wall on turn 2 :oops:

My buddy Mike Grass is the one who went down at the top of 2 on Saturday. He still hasn't woken up and when he does it will be a long recovery.

If anyone would like donate to help with his recovery or his family, here's a GoFundMe, or there's a group at SOAR also collecting donations.

Last edited:
My buddy Mike Grass is the one who went down at the top of 2 on Saturday. He still hasn't woken up and when he does it will be a long recovery.

If anyone would like donate to help with his recovery or his familyb here's a GoFundMe, or there's a group at SOAR also collecting donations.

Thanks for the link, just donated. Prayers for a full and happy recovery...

If anyone would like donate to help with his recovery or his familyb here's a GoFundMe, or there's a group at SOAR also collecting donations.

Thanks for posting this.

My friend was a marshall at turn 2 on Saturday (should ask if he was at the top of the hill or the bottom). He said it was quite bad. Thoughts and prayers to the rider and his family. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery

Thanks for posting this.

My friend was a marshall at turn 2 on Saturday (should ask if he was at the top of the hill or the bottom). He said it was quite bad. Thoughts and prayers to the rider and his family. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery
He was at the top of the hill.

Back
Top Bottom