Cruiser rider on a sport-ish bike - First impression | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cruiser rider on a sport-ish bike - First impression

Flatliner

It felt weird. Let me preface that first thought by saying in the many years I've been riding I've only ridden cruisers, so when I took a FZ6R for a demo ride today it was strange to hardly feel or hear the engine. I also found out why everyone uses full-face helmets; eyes begin to water like mad with only a half-helmet and sunglasses; I'm sure unbearable at highway speeds.

Though I had some adjusting to do (foot pegs felt too small, couldn't feel the engine and my tendency to rest my palms against the handlebar caused a bit of discomfort) I would seriously consider getting a sport or sport-tourer. Fast & nimble, the one I was on was quite comfortable and a lot of fun.

So many bikes, so little disposable income. That's my 2.

FZ6R is on my list of bikes I wouldn't own... And I'm a Yamaha guy.
If I was to get a sport-tourer I'd be going for the FZ8. Or used, I'd buy my FZ6 again.

Variety is the spice of life.I have only been caught confused a couple of times.Never anything dangerous.(ran out of room on the wing,thinking i was on my ss).
My next bike is going to be a 145 lb trials bike.Hmmm....maybe i could get a trailer and tow it with the wing!?

Back
Top Bottom