Crossing the blend line | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crossing the blend line

Damn! That bandit really hauls.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

The sweet sound of a Hindle at 14,500rpm....all the time. The bike makes dick for power under 10,500 so other than the hairpin it never drops below 10 grand.

Bike sounds awesome.

And although we can't tell from the video, I got the impression that you were getting held up in corners a lot.

Yes, yes I was.

It was annoying because I didnt have the staight line speed, and you can only late brake so much.

I find a lot of 600cc+ riders are "point and squirt" kinda riders. And they park it on the apex and then hammer the throttle on exit. The idea of momentum escapes them.

I came from racing GP two strokes...they were fast but you had to hold your corner speed up. As you know Brian with your Fizzer our bikes dont make a lot of torque, but they corner like a dream!

Plus, outbraking 3-4 bikes into a corner is always fun.

Most of the people I was out there with had no idea what bike I had and assumed it was a 600.

(FYI it made gurggling noises at the end because I ran out of gas....oops!)

Being in the correct group works well if the organizers have the balls to tell slow riders to go back a group.They very often don't.(I want to ride with my husband,buddy etc) Have a look at the closing speeds on the back straight in this vid.I wasn't doing very quick laps because of all the traffic and had to back off a lot of times so as not to scare riders that were way over their head.

Holy crap.

Just to put things in perspective ... My lap times in race conditions at Mosport VRRA last year were about 5 or 6 seconds faster than that but with nowhere near so much slower traffic! (Ric is no slouch)

And then the depressing factor. Jordan Szoke is almost 20 seconds faster than that. Jeeeezzzz ...

Contrast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vcu4Mdp4lA&nohtml5=False

Lots of GTAM members are on this video. The on-board camera is on a Formula Femme bike - Melanie a.k.a. Amazon on this forum. Two-wave start with Formula Femme starting first, Vintage is the second wave.

Although we're on the backwards-viewing camera for some time before, I make an appearance at 12:52 just after Scott a.k.a. omnivore on this forum appears at 12:42 and then things get interesting after that ... I'm on a 400, Scott is on a YZF750, camera bike is a 600.

(this was a fun ride ...)

I also stick to racing because its generally a ton cheaper than it is to do Track days....

I spend $350-400 per weekend on EVERYTHING when I race in the RACE series or the VRRA. (And that is Friday practice and Saturday/Sunday races)

Track days at Bogie are $300+ for 1 day....Im too cheap for that!

Track day or not the a. Hole broke the rules big time and did not blend, he basically ran oncoming traffic off of the track. What that rider did was utter stupidity, dangerous, did I mention stupid and should pay damages. Then b banned for a year. Then tarred and feathered. I think u get my point.

Last edited:
The level of stupid some trackday guys can achieve is phenomenal. Like the guy who rode almost an entire lap under the red flag at GBM last year.

I'll stick to racing.

I don't know if this was the issue or not ... but it does NOT help that there are two different "red flag rules" out there. SOAR uses the traditional one, coast down with your hand up and stop at the next manned marshal station and await instructions. The alternative, slow down with your hand up and take the next exit from the track (may be almost a full lap away ...) is out there somewhere.

And that is why you go to rider's meeting and pay attention to what they say about the flags ... particularly if you are dealing with an organization that you haven't been to before.

The level of stupid some trackday guys can achieve is phenomenal. Like the guy who rode almost an entire lap under the red flag at GBM last year.

I'll stick to racing.

Have you done a red group at Bogie?

Some trackdays can be sketchy, but not all.

LMAO....the track guys saying the street guys are crazy, and the racers are saying the track guys are crazy

Have you done a red group at Bogie?

Some trackdays can be sketchy, but not all.

At $400 per day...yeah no thanks. Bogie is a great track, one of the best in NA. But I spend $400 per weekend racing, which is a hell of a lot more track time then a single TD

At $400 per day...yeah no thanks. Bogie is a great track, one of the best in NA. But I spend $400 per weekend racing, which is a hell of a lot more track time then a single TD
Where are you getting $400 for a bogie day?

Where are you getting $400 for a bogie day?

$269 + tax with Pro6 + gas + transportation....$350-$400 easily. Especially if you run a liter bike. (1 Day)

RACE series.... $130 for 1 class, + 140 for Friday practice, + gas + transportation. (3 days)

I don't know if this was the issue or not ... but it does NOT help that there are two different "red flag rules" out there. SOAR uses the traditional one, coast down with your hand up and stop at the next manned marshal station and await instructions. The alternative, slow down with your hand up and take the next exit from the track (may be almost a full lap away ...) is out there somewhere.

And that is why you go to rider's meeting and pay attention to what they say about the flags ... particularly if you are dealing with an organization that you haven't been to before.

Same goes for track day providers. No contiunity... different flag rules for different providers.... this is an easy one to fix...ya think ??

$269 + tax with Pro6 + gas + transportation....$350-$400 easily. Especially if you run a liter bike. (1 Day)

RACE series.... $130 for 1 class, + 140 for Friday practice, + gas + transportation. (3 days)

Well i can double up on an endurance race at SOAR on a small bike and get more bang for the buck than your RACE series. But that's not the point of this thread, it's whether or not track days are safe. $270 to ride arguably one of the top tracks in North America is a bargain. Add to the fact that the majority of red group riders are former racers and Pro6 runs an organized day makes the "racing only" point mute.

LMAO....the track guys saying the street guys are crazy, and the racers are saying the track guys are crazy
i laughed at this, totally true

I thought it was a given that ALL riders are crazy?!?

You guys make it sound like racers never do anything stupid.

I never cross the blend line. Never. Not even when I'm the first one on the track for the session. Even then I look before I'm out of the blend zone. Good habits need to be kept up because bad habits grow too easily.

You guys make it sound like racers never do anything stupid.

Agreed, Dave... and I know 2 people who have been torpedoed by racers losing control of their bikes at practice/track days. So, it's pretty safe to say, every "class" of rider has people who do stupid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom