Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Anyone know the current St Catharines route for the M test?
4 left turns
4 right turns
2 stop intersections
2 through intersections
2 business sections with 3 hazards each and L/R lane changes
2 residential sections with 3 hazards each
2 expressway sections with L/R lane changes
1 roadside stop
Good luck!

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. This thread which I've read over and over again contributed to my success today. I had my M2 exit today through the Aurora testing facility. Although ridiculously cold, I managed to pass with ease. I'm a self taught rider that was going to take a weekend course, but due to my profession just couldn't find the time. I decided to cold turkey it and made it with easy.

My advice for anyone going through this process...read this thread carefully and enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Just passed this morning in Aurora (in the pouring rain)

The examiner was super nice and the test is nothing to worry about

1) check you mirrors, check you blindspots, shoulder check, look left,right,left before every intersection and hidden enterance, look EVERYWHERE and do it often. Basically look like a bobblehead and youll be fine. make sure they can see you moving your head left to right all the time

2) know your correct blocking position/lane position and ride in it.

3) dont speed and dont go too slow (+/- 10km is safe)

4) dont worry. just ride safe. look everywhere and dont speed and youll be fine. Theyre not trying to screw you

Managed to pass my test this past Monday, at the Toronto Downsview location. Here are my thoughts, hopefully something can be taken from them :p

- The earpiece for the two-way radio was just a small single earbud that looks like it came from a Walkman in the 90's. This was the largest single point of failure for me. They have never fit nicely in my ears (read: they fall out unless held in), and their solution for me was scotch tape. My ear is not made of paper, so this was awkward.
- Could barely make out an instruction given to me. Between the dangling ear piece, wind and exhaust (mine is not particularly quiet), it was almost impossible. Fortunately, the instructor went over the route and particular lane changes before hand, so remembering that information was valuable. There were nearly half a dozen turns I made on memory, because I just couldn't make out the instruction.
- Outside of the ear piece issues, the test was rather straightforward. As mentioned numerous times already, plenty of rubber necking, distance between vehicles, and, safe, conservative riding will get you what you are after.

Good luck!

Did the test today in Aurora.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Couple things:

- Full gear is not mandatory. Only helmet is mandatory.
- Construction zone is 40km/h. Sometimes we forget that. Currently heavy construction @ Yonge/Bloomington
- Two way radio is simply an ear bud in the ear. They provide tape and tape it to your ear. I didn't have any issued.
- My examiner wanted me to go 100km/hr rather than traffic speed.

- Construction zone is 40km/h. Sometimes we forget that. Currently heavy construction @ Yonge/Bloomington
- Two way radio is simply an ear bud in the ear. They provide tape and tape it to your ear. I didn't have any issued.

congrats! I'll have to hit you up for the route (too lazy to parse through thread).

just saw this....congratulations!

yeah, only one meet...don't want to hijack this thread....btw, hope you got the overheat issue solved.

Passed my M2X at Burlington this morning. Mike was the tester. Nice guy. Ear piece worked fine. Kept not checking my right blind spot on right turns... that was about it.

The route varied slightly from the one already posted back on page 25 of this thread.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Has anybody been denied M2X testing due to loud muffler? My bike is kinda loud and I heard they can deny you testing if you do the course but what if I just go to the MTO?
Technically, they can deny you for a lot of things. Whether they do or not is a different story. What will be frustrating is if you can't hear the directions because of the noise. That happens a lot with any kind of open helmet.

Question: Are there any u-turns or 3 point turns in this? As I have no idea what MTO's standard on that is.

油井緋色;2017136 said:
Question: Are there any u-turns or 3 point turns in this? As I have no idea what MTO's standard on that is.

Don't think so. Haven't read in this thread about u-turns/3-pt turns. Didn't have to do this either.

Don't think so. Haven't read in this thread about u-turns/3-pt turns. Didn't have to do this either.

Thanks. Will be doing my M very soon. Might swap to a 250 so I don't speed lol

Back
Top Bottom