Cops should watch this !!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cops should watch this !!!

ARyan

Site Supporter
Cops should watch this and learn where to stop in regards to Public Safety. The rider in this video was very lucky that there was no coming traffic.

[video=youtube;oBTGgT_V5F8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTGgT_V5F8&NR=1[/video]

I don't understand what the cop had to do with any of that, other then going to see if the guy was ok. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Looks like the rider panics when he sees the cop.

and you can bet hes going to give him a ticket :)

As a rule, you go where you look. The cop car should stop back at exit of the turn. This will decrease the risk of crash at the turn.

Last edited:
Looks like he saw the cop, grabbed the brakes and locked the front tire.

Edit: Just would like to also add that it was 100% rider error.

Last edited:
Oh snap, a cop!
*grabs brakes*

ARyan, I see your point that in THIS PARTICULAR OCCASION the cop might have been better off either at the entry or exit of that turn, but you gotta admit that the rider was treating that road like a race track (don't get me wrong, I would probably do the same).
If he was riding "properly" I can assure you he wouldn't of lowsided.

I don't understand what the cop had to do with any of that, other then going to see if the guy was ok. Am I missing something?

if the cop wasnt sitting there, the rider would do that corner with no problem, and safely proceed, but the rider saw the cop and got spooked

Rider got spooked because of the cop no question about it. But its still 100% rider error.

In fact maybe this is a good lesson. Experienced riders learn to control that "deer in the headlights" freeze up and instinct to grab brakes. I know that was the reason for my first (and only knock on wood) dump, been workin on it ever since.

Could the cop have moved away from the turn to be more safety conscious? Ya sure, and maybe he does that now after this event.

Riders should watch this and learn how to ride in regards to Public Safety. The rider in this video was very lucky that there was no coming traffic.

[video=youtube;oBTGgT_V5F8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTGgT_V5F8&NR=1[/video]

Fixed it for ya.

Well that is probably the third worst thing he could have done, while driving in front of a cop.

I imagine the charges could be worse than speeding.

Looks like the rider panics when he sees the cop.

and you can bet hes going to give him a ticket :)

Dont think he can get a ticket really, there was no damage to property and the cop cant prove what speed he was doing. Cop was an *** for stopping there. Anyone would have panic braked just as he did if that happened to you.

Dont think he can get a ticket really, there was no damage to property and the cop cant prove what speed he was doing. Cop was an *** for stopping there. Anyone would have panic braked just as he did if that happened to you.

He could easily be charged with careless driving.

Sorry, im not going to crash because someone is pulled over on the other side of the road.

I think he could get an undue care and attention ticket really easily, he fell off for no apparent reason, right in front of the cop and broke his bike; it doesn't even matter what speed he was doing - he was in over his head. Cop was a really nice guy for stopping there and protecting him from the next crazy, outta control, nutbar. Anyone would have stayed calm and kept rolling on a little more throttle, unlike he did if that happened to them. Especially, since the cop would have had to make a u turn on a hairpin turn to chase you down.

Fixed

How is anyone even blaming this on the cop? The cop can park wherever he pleases.

The rider should not have been riding the way he was, its obvious the rider was not experienced to be riding like that.

Here's one for you guys.... What if it was a car with a flat tire parked there? Would it have been his fault? No.

Back
Top Bottom