Cops Are Also Watching "WAZE" The App | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cops Are Also Watching "WAZE" The App

Pegassus

Site Supporter
So I work in a company where we do lots of road/highway work, on 2 separate occasions I have noticed something that has led me to believe cops are also using this app.

Just east of Bolton (on King Rd) the speed drops from 80 km/h to 50 km/h. A cop went into the driveway of this private house, and parked opposite the hill with his radar gun. I was about 100 ft away and quickly took out my phone and snitched on him on "Waze". In 10 mins I got 3 thumbs up. The cop quickly took off.

Then on Keele St near Teston Rd a cop in a undercover blue SUV went into the parking lot of an abandoned company and took out his radar gun. I was busy at the time loading a truck so I said after I'm finished I will report him on Waze. After 10 mins the cop took off. I went to Waze and 2 people had already reported him.

It's hilarious!!

That's funny. Might be why sometimes when I get to where they are supposed to be, they aren't.

So I work in a company where we do lots of road/highway work, on 2 separate occasions I have noticed something that has led me to believe cops are also using this app.

Just east of Bolton (on King Rd) the speed drops from 80 km/h to 50 km/h. A cop went into the driveway of this private house, and parked opposite the hill with his radar gun. I was about 100 ft away and quickly took out my phone and snitched on him on "Waze". In 10 mins I got 3 thumbs up. The cop quickly took off.

Then on Keele St near Teston Rd a cop in a undercover blue SUV went into the parking lot of an abandoned company and took out his radar gun. I was busy at the time loading a truck so I said after I'm finished I will report him on Waze. After 10 mins the cop took off. I went to Waze and 2 people had already reported him.

It's hilarious!!
Make sure your phone has a password and your waze username is obscure. Depending on how the cop is feeling, they could look for new cop alerts popping up and pull over the closest vehicle. If pegasus reported a cop and the cop is looking at a license that says pegasus, is that enough for a distracted driving ticket? You could probably beat it in court but getting tickets is annoying .

It's hilarious!!
You Sir, deserve a noble prize !

Make sure your phone has a password and your waze username is obscure. Depending on how the cop is feeling, they could look for new cop alerts popping up and pull over the closest vehicle. If pegasus reported a cop and the cop is looking at a license that says pegasus, is that enough for a distracted driving ticket? You could probably beat it in court but getting tickets is annoying .

I wouldn't doubt these guys would try that low-scum tactic, its only a question of when will limp-wristed politicians ban Waze when the Police Chief complaints, they were successful in banning the radar detector, Waze is way better than a radar detector because you can tell where a cop is hiding even before you leave your house.

I'm afraid of even more traffic ticket cops on the prowl now that Mayor Tory has indicated that they are desperate for revenue...seems TTC ridership is down while the sale of bicycles is up!

You're actually surprised that the police know about Waze?

Ok then.

As for the police moving when they're reported, it almost certainly has nothing to do with being reported. Speed traps are like shooting fish in a barrel and only a tiny fraction fo the population use Waze anyways. The reason they're moving is because they've nailed someone and are setting up down the road after handing out the ticket.

Before the era of Waze there was (and still is) the flashing highbeams routine.

It'll always be cat and mouse.

Don't want to have to deal with a ticket or avoid an interaction with them? Easy.....don't drive/ride like a tool and deserve it.

Really?????
I am familiar with this routine as I am originally from Europe and this is very popular over there.

I find that this is very very very rarely used here.
Pretty much to the point where if someone from the oncoming traffic high beams me I "take it with a grain of salt".
I would want to say that they accidentally used their high beams over them trying to warn me of a cop up ahead.

On the other hand, I try to warn others when I cab. Hoping a European born driver will get my lingo. ;)

It's an increasingly lost tactic.

But then again, so is skilful driving in general, so it doesn't surprise me that little things like this are being lost along the way as well.

Really?????
I am familiar with this routine as I am originally from Europe and this is very popular over there.

Pretty much to the point where if someone from the oncoming traffic high beams me I "take it with a grain of salt".
I would want to say that they accidentally used their high beams over them trying to warn me of a cop up ahead.

On the other hand, I try to warn others when I cab. Hoping a European born driver will get my lingo. ;)

very common in Quebec....more than in Ontario.

I always flash flash the beams. Was a skill passed down from my father.
My 11 year old daughter knows the routine and has reminded me a couple times.
It should be used more often. Help each other out.
I mean nobody needs a ticket for a little speeding unless your doing 308 on the qew

Last edited:
Really?????

And if it's the regions best cash generating fishing hole (where very few people coming the other way notice the cops or bother flashing), someone will take the time and effort to warn drivers there's a very good chance they're getting painted as they crest the train bridge.

49929799781_71f471f5d3_b.jpg

Tap the top of your helmet with your open hand

I've tapped the roof of my truck on more than one occasion while at the stop sign at the top of the road in the pic I posted to guys on bikes turning off York and heading down the hill into the S bend. Some give me the WTF? look. Most get it and nod.

I get flashed a lot in rural ON. I think part of it is the fact that my bike *sounds* a lot faster than it is, and some benevolent folks are trying to be helpful.

I'm just in the power band but thx.

I always flash flash the beams.

Can you be held accountable if another cop sees you flashing the beams to warn other motorists?
Reason I ask is down the street where I live, cops team up: one is placed down the hill while the other all the way up as they snag speeders.

You're actually surprised that the police know about Waze?

Ok then.

As for the police moving when they're reported, it almost certainly has nothing to do with being reported. Speed traps are like shooting fish in a barrel and only a tiny fraction fo the population use Waze anyways. The reason they're moving is because they've nailed someone and are setting up down the road after handing out the ticket.

It'll always be cat and mouse.

Don't want to have to deal with a ticket or avoid an interaction with them? Easy.....don't drive/ride like a tool and deserve it.

Didn't you hear me? The 2 cops I saw never nailed anybody, I was working on the spot they were in, I saw them leave without getting the chance to hand-out a ticket. And that high-beam flashing warning thing doesn't work at all, unless the other driver is a 50+ old white dude, here in Toronto I flash the lights on oncoming traffic to let them know a cop is hiding and most idiots just look at me bewildered and some of them even give me the middle finger.

Back
Top Bottom