Cool weather sleeping bag suggestions (and sleep pad) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cool weather sleeping bag suggestions (and sleep pad)

From my personal experience. If a sleeping bag is labelled as good for -20, get one that is good for -40. You can always unzip it.
Yup. Those thermal ratings reflect what will keep you alive, not what will keep you comfortable.

I have two of these and they are perfect as you describe - getting the body off the cold ground.

I recently bought two new sleeping bags and they are "Hotcore R-200" and rated for -10degC. Perfect for the type of above freezing temps I would camp in. They also zip together so can be used for my wife and I when we are camping together. They aren't the tighter mummy style or made of down, but I find they are pretty warm on a cool night. They are also pretty compact and light for motocamping.
That’s my bag too. I also have a hot core Cooper which I like a lot more, the Cooper is rated at +7, I’ve slept comfortably in it at -5.

I love the Cooper, it packs down to 10x6”, roomier than a mummy bag and it never steams me out on warm nights.

Heatcore bags are great quality at ridiculously low prices. Got mine on sale at SAIL for about $50.

Back
Top Bottom