Compact quality alarms | GTAMotorcycle.com

Compact quality alarms

EaZ8

im looking for a very compact alarm, i have the scorpio i900 , its from 2010 and im not sure if they have changed the design at all but it really takes up a lot of realestate on the bike...and there isnt much room at all.

is there any other compact alarms out there that have gps and txt functions?

having the siren in the same one unit as the speedometer and tilt sensor I find it makes the scorpio the most compact alarm i have seen and i locked around before I bought my I800. let me know if you are going to sell yours

This is the size of the new I900

attachment.php

Attachments

• motorcycle_alarm_900_module.jpg
    motorcycle_alarm_900_module.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
My fob doesn't have a lcd..it's just 1 button
Maybe it's a i800..I'll check tomorrow.
I know I have GPS, txt notifications, ignition disable, and proximity sensor

If I decide to sell it I'll let you know

Last edited:
if your fob only has one button then you have an I800, the only difference between the I800 and I900 is the 2 way signal and the remote.

However the one you have is most likely the "RIDE" version which has GPS and notifications and the unit is bigger.

This is the fob for the I800
scorpion_s_ri800_srfid_security_system_zoom.jpg

My fob doesn't have a lcd..it's just 1 button
Maybe it's a i800..I'll check tomorrow.
I know I have GPS, txt notifications, ignition disable, and proximity sensor

If I decide to sell it I'll let you know

Last edited:
just checked...i have the i1100SE by RLINK looks identical to the scorpio i800

just checked...i have the i1100SE by RLINK looks identical to the scorpio i800
You pretty much have the best there is, the I900/I800 share the same hardware as the one you have so there is no going smaller unless you change brands.

You pretty much have the best there is, the I900/I800 share the same hardware as the one you have so there is no going smaller unless you change brands.
apparently mine is 600 USD...

im ok to change brands...just need it to fit in the bike better. im going to play around with this one first then decide. i dont need it hooked to the lights, really dont care if they flash so that can reduce some of the wiring.

apparently mine is 600 USD...

im ok to change brands...just need it to fit in the bike better. im going to play around with this one first then decide. i dont need it hooked to the lights, really dont care if they flash so that can reduce some of the wiring.
You don't have a choice, the pink cable needs to connect to the rear lights or any positive to the key to supply the unit with power and the black cable needs to go to a ground. I tried not connecting some of the cables and the alarm didn't work. the blinkers are just 2 cables and since you have to connect to the rear light and ground may as well connect the entire system as it will make no difference in space.

The only thing you can leave off is the kill switch, that will save you a bit of space but I like thieves not been able to hot wire my bike.
31Ukit5y9tL._SX466_.jpg

You also have the option of not connecting the proximity sensor and that should save you some space.
51Ywfz07t2L._AC_UL320_SR292,320_.jpg

By the way, if you bought the cable kit for your bike, it makes install easier but it adds a crap load of cables and takes away a lot of space so don't use them, just strip and connect to the wires directly would be my advice.

Last edited:
You don't have a choice, the pink cable needs to connect to the rear lights or any positive to the key to supply the unit with power and the black cable needs to go to a ground. I tried not connecting some of the cables and the alarm didn't work. the blinkers are just 2 cables and since you have to connect to the rear light and ground may as well connect the entire system as it will make no difference in space.

The only thing you can leave off is the kill switch, that will save you a bit of space but I like thieves not been able to hot wire my bike.
31Ukit5y9tL._SX466_.jpg

You also have the option of not connecting the proximity sensor and that should save you some space.
51Ywfz07t2L._AC_UL320_SR292,320_.jpg

By the way, if you bought the cable kit for your bike, it makes install easier but it adds a crap load of cables and takes away a lot of space so don't use them, just strip and connect to the wires directly would be my advice.
i have everything for it, cable kit, ignition kill, proximity sensor and all. i just noticed i dont have the power wire that connects to the battery but its got to be in a bin in my garage somewhere.

i removed it last season when i was putting in my bazzaz, im garage stored...my garage has a alarm and 4 cameras on it with a intrusion zone sensor (yes...seriously), i have theft coverage and all that but i have the alarm so i want to use it or sell it and get a more compact one.

ive removed some OEM parts that just took up a lot of space so i may have room to hide everything a little better than in the tail section.

my garage has a alarm and 4 cameras on it with a intrusion zone sensor (yes...seriously),
I believe you, I also have a garage alarm, 1 camera and intrusion sensor :) and the alarm stays on the bike with proximity, kill switch and antishock all on all the time. Oh and a chain when I know I won't use it for a long time like over winter.

I am more concerned at work or at a mall.

Last edited:
I believe you, I also have a garage alarm, 1 camera and intrusion sensor :) and the alarm stays on the bike with proximity, kill switch and antishock all on all the time. Oh and a chain when I know I won't use it for a long time like over winter.

I am more concerned at work or at a mall.

the chain is a good idea. currently mine is kinda barricaded in there with snowblowers and other winter stuff.
i was talking to someone who also said when showing a bike to a potential buyer always do it in the garage with the bike pointed in, and if possible chained up.
he was showing someone a bike and the guy was sitting on it as soon as he turned his head the guy fired it up and took off.

im going to see what other alarms i can find and the actual size of them and go from there. may even get a disk brake alarm, ive got the regular locking one but no alarm on it.

Just to chime in, I had the Gorilla 2-way system in the past, and it broke after about 2 years (fixed it by resoldering the impact sensor), and then completely broke a year after that. Definitely wouldn't recommend it over other brands.

im also looking at the spot gps tracker, it will send GPS locations to my phone and if it senses any vibrations as well.
this with a small audible alarm with proximity sensor may be good.

Just to chime in, I had the Gorilla 2-way system in the past, and it broke after about 2 years (fixed it by resoldering the impact sensor), and then completely broke a year after that. Definitely wouldn't recommend it over other brands.
I also had a gorilla, wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Never really worked properly.

Back
Top Bottom