Cockpit size of 600cc bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cockpit size of 600cc bikes

SFer

I have a feeling this might open up a whole can of worms but...
Looking at maybe picking up a used 600cc bike (2006-2010)
I know that they are all similar but just thought I'd throw out the question on how everyone finds the size of their 600s and whether one bikes "rider triangle" is more suited to a larger frame?
I'm 6'2 200lbs.

Like I said I know they are all close but is one generally preferred by taller peeps?

Since I'm down in Niagara, shops down here don't carry SS bikes and I just don't have the time to get up to TO to try a whole wack of bikes out.

Thanks

If it helps, at least for the current generation here's what I found (I'm 5'8, 165lbs with a short inseam btw):

- CBR600RR was the most comfortable for me
- ZX6R was too much of a forward lean (but might be good for you), and was also taller than the CBR.
- GSXR seemed shorter than the rest, comfortable but seemed like my knees stuck out moreso than the others (couldn't grip the tank as nicely)
- R6 was way too tall, and too much of a forward lean for me to find comfortable (so also might be good for you)

Last edited:
07-08 ZX6R is pretty tall and a wide gas tank, so you'll sit more upright than CBR/R6.

I found the CBR to be sitting almost hunched like a monkey humping a football. The R6 was somewhere in between.

03-05 R6 is comparable to 07-08 ZX6R in seating position.

I'm 6'3 and haven't been 200lbs since the 10th grade lol

Yeah I don't want to be squished when in full tuck. Something longer is best.
I find the 848/1098 perfect but looking for something less$ to add to stable.

06-09 R6S is pretty nice for taller peeps.

-Jamie M.

06-09 R6S is pretty nice for taller peeps.

-Jamie M.

^^ This isn't a bad option either as it mimics the ergo's of the 03-05 gen R6. But Shinier.

Who doesn't like shiny??

Who doesn't like shiny??
Shiny is good :)

07.jpg

-Jamie M.

Shiny is good :)

07.jpg

-Jamie M.

I think you have the R1?
How do you find it in the smaller tracks?
TMP...
I'm thinking if 90% of my track time will be TMP a 600 just makes more sense.

Once again another can of worms.
600cc vs 1000cc for track use. Lol

I think you have the R1? How do you find it in the smaller tracks? TMP...
I'm thinking if 90% of my track time will be TMP a 600 just makes more sense.

Once again another can of worms.
600cc vs 1000cc for track use. Lol
lol. I sold the 09 R6S and bought the 07 R1. Never been on the track except with the R1 so can't tell you how much better a 600 would be at TMP.

I'm only in Yellow group, 4 track days so far. Feels pretty sluggish in turn 6 and 9 but it's probably just me ;)

I like the 1000 for the people that are slow in the infield but try and drag race ya down the straights :D

You can watch some full laps of me on my 07 R1 from my 2nd track day (Yellow #1 is a nice start on cold tires :D):

[video=youtube;oHPGnl7vpB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHPGnl7vpB0[/video]

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
I'm 6' 180 and fit just fine a Gsxr 600. You'll learn quicker on a 600, I'm glad I spent my first track season on one (first 600 I ever rode).

I am 6'1 200 pounds and find 06 r6 good fit. Never rode other 600 though.

The streetfighter is an amazing street bike the best I've ever ridden but on the track the bars don't work.
And I'd way rather ring a 600 out than put around on the 1098.

All info so far is helpful.

Sounds like CBR is probably out for sure.

Track only or street and track?
if you want next time your at the shop take my r1 down the street, for tmp I'd rather have (and was more fun) on my r6. My buddy is the same shape and size as you and rides a zx6r and loves it (2008)

My advice , since you have the track bug, is to buy a track bike and keep the street fighter for the street where it belongs.

- CBR600RR was the most comfortable for me
- ZX6R was too much of a forward lean (but might be good for you), and was also taller than the CBR.
- GSXR seemed shorter than the rest, comfortable but seemed like my knees stuck out moreso than the others (couldn't grip the tank as nicely)
- R6 was way too tall, and too much of a forward lean for me to find comfortable (so also might be good for you)

Im a bit taller than you OP and here's how I found these 600s

-CBR was obviously meant for tiny people
-ZX6R was the most comfortable
-GSXR was the runner up for most comfortable
-R6 was really hunched over but a good in terms of size

Track only or street and track?
if you want next time your at the shop take my r1 down the street, for tmp I'd rather have (and was more fun) on my r6. My buddy is the same shape and size as you and rides a zx6r and loves it (2008)

My advice , since you have the track bug, is to buy a track bike and keep the street fighter for the street where it belongs.

Wife has put her foot down a bit. Says I'm not allowed to put another bike in the garage so if I want to track the fighter has to go.

I can use that money to buy
1. Just a track bike (a sweet one)
2. Just a street bike that can go to track easier than the fighter(ergonomics)
3. Buy a decent track bike and a decent street bike.

From previous thread i had Fighter sold but decided not to sell it(noob)
Then another guy said he was coming with money to pick it up and just didn't show the next day.

So it's back up for sale. Ill be running it at the track on the 2nd I guess.

I might get a babysitter over the weekend so I can bounce up to TO and check some bikes out.
R6 and zx6r in the lead

Triumph Daytona 675, as hunched over as an 848, knees not as bent, and cheaper.

Last time I sat on the 675 something didn't feel right. Couldn't pin point what, exactly, I didn't like though.
Beauty bike

Back
Top Bottom