clutch kit? | GTAMotorcycle.com

clutch kit?

swass

new to stunting...just getting started on my first wheelie. I have a 2002 r6 and the clutch is already slipping from previous owner. Should i change the clutch plates? Will it make a difference when i progress into learning clutch wheelies? Also, if i purchase a clutch kit (don't know what brands are good yet), should i replace the clutch cables as well to play it safe?

inputs are greatly appreciated!

if the plates are slipping, check the springs first. If your doing plates anyways (or at least going through the work of getting to that point, for the price of plates/springs just change em both when your in there and be done with it. As far as the clutch cable goes, a visual inspection will tell you if its wearing or not. Never hurts to be safe with a ~9 year old ride

If your clutch is slipping you should fix it, wheelies or not I think you should get your bike working properly. Id start with inspecting the clutch pack, to determine what is needed. Most likely a set of clutch friction and steel plates, I recommend OEM. Although expensive, I find they have the best life and feel compared to aftermarket stuff...Springs I rarely ever have to change, but you can inspect those too, and if you have a service manual determine if they are within spec or also need to be replaced...

As for the cable if its not fraying or kinked anywhere, then you can just clean and lube it. A good cleaning and lubing can do wonders!

the inputs are a great help guys.

Johnny, do you set up bikes for stunting with cages and all. If so, I'll just send my bike your way since you've been around the biz way longer than me...just pm me your prices and turn around time.

Back
Top Bottom