clip-on pinch bolts. | GTAMotorcycle.com

clip-on pinch bolts.

RC8BOY

Can someone tell me what he torque value is for the clip-ons on a Ducati 998. Also, if I should locktite the upper and lower triple clamp pinch bolts?

\Thank you

The pinch bolts can't be much more than 15 ft/lbs.I've never used a torque wrench on my supersports.Just remember it's aluminum.NO loctite for sure.

The pinch bolts can't be much more than 15 ft/lbs.I've never used a torque wrench on my supersports.Just remember it's aluminum.NO loctite for sure.

Why no loctite? Even if its not applied by the factory, a little medium strength is always a good idea if you have it...

Why no loctite? Even if its not applied by the factory, a little medium strength is always a good idea if you have it...
Never liked i in a situation like clip ons or clamps because there is already tension on the bolts from the expansion of the bore.I say i don't like loctite because most people use WAY too much.Just my opinion tho.
A friend with a 996 is looking up the torque specs btw.

Still a good idea IMO, it can never hurt as long as its medium strength...I can see using too much red/permanent being a problem though....

Anything to do with controls/suspension I like to use it as much as possible....When you have customers come in with bolts completely missing off their bike, you tend to want to put it on their bikes for them also

Back
Top Bottom