Cleaning tips, products? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cleaning tips, products?

riderB

My bike is very dusty in all the hard to reach areas (under the fairings, suspension arm, etc) what is the best way to clean there? Water would cause rust ...any products or techniques recommended?

My bike is very dusty in all the hard to reach areas (under the fairings, suspension arm, etc) what is the best way to clean there? Water would cause rust ...any products or techniques recommended?

Water causes rust on bare, unprepared steel. If your bike were that prone to rusting it would be rusted already after the first humid day.

Wash your bike.

Bucket of warm water and a chamois. That's all I use.

I use a Simple Green/water mixture to clean with a rag, and then rinse with water.

Small California car duster to remove dust and then I spray it with Lucas Speed Mist and wipe with a microfibre cloth.

McGuire's Gold soap for both the bike and my Jeep. I also use McGuire's Gold polish.

I use a chamois to get most of the water off my bike but then use an electric leaf blower to get the water out of all the crevices.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't......

Anyways I use Tirox bike wash and Tirox quick wax

I just bought Mothers Billet metal polish to use on my
Two Brothers exhaust pipe. I can't believe how shiny and new it looks

Back
Top Bottom