Clarification on required jacket for m1 exit | GTAMotorcycle.com

Clarification on required jacket for m1 exit

Hi there, so my husband is going for his m1 exit and is required as I'm sure you know to have a proper jacket. Now we've bought on and it has all the padding in it but it's a light canvas with a little mess under the arms for air flow will this pass for the instructors

Attachments

• 16273914687386417571739315896557.jpg
    16273914687386417571739315896557.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
Hes worried that he'll show up with it an be told no. It's hard to find stuff his size. An he doesn't wanna overheat while taking the course.

For a jacket the requirements are full denim, leather or a riding jacket. There is no specification on materials or protection, riding gear is riding gear.

In addition to what others have said, most places have a gear check a few days before the course where they'll look at your gear.
Right now, the course near me does it online 3 or 4 days before the course.

Not sure where he’s going for the course but Learning Curves has rolled the in class portion into the weekend, it was previously Thursday nights. So gear is not reviewed until morning of. Be sure to review the email!!

For a jacket the requirements are full denim, leather or a riding jacket. There is no specification on materials or protection, riding gear is riding gear.
That's debatable actually.
I've had thin "pleather" jackets get bounced by senior instructors regularly. Looks like leather, but totally no bueno.
But otherwise, your statement about full denim (not the stretchy crap), leather or proper riding jackets are the way to go.

If you have the instructor's number, just send him/her a picture of the jacket to confirm. I had done that previously when I did my M2 with RTI.
If you do this, please ensure that you also send a picture of the materials tag. What looks like leather may be cheap polyester, which won't pass if the instructor is on the ball. Not a risk I'd be willing to take.

That jacket is fine. HWK brand offers good value and excellent features.....I'll see how it stands up over time but feature set is excellent.
I'm very pleased with their riding pants both fit and construction and I picked up one of their jackets for cooler weather.
Think you bought this - pretty good warranty too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom