City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

City of Toronto motorcycle parking exemptions/ammendments

So @thePashupatee was either extremely unlucky, or he had had unknowingly parked in a no-parking area?

I am planning to ride to downtown and park between 11 AM and 8 PM near King Street and John Street. Any suggestions from regulars on which streets might have street parking available?

So @thePashupatee was either extremely unlucky, or he had had unknowingly parked in a no-parking area?

I am planning to ride to downtown and park between 11 AM and 8 PM near King Street and John Street. Any suggestions from regulars on which streets might have street parking available?

Simcoe street north of King has dedicated spots. Perl Street is also a popular street. John street Nth of King, I think , where the old MEC used to be was popular too.

Simcoe street north of King has dedicated spots. Perl Street is also a popular street. John street Nth of King, I think , where the old MEC used to be was popular too.

Thanks- will walk around and check out those places. I think I will be taking Go Train/bus the first week or so, until I can figure out if i could consistently find street parking for motorcycle.

Mercer st by Gretzkys I think as well? If you street view it, I find the usual photos are like 10s of bikes out front.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Foster PL - there's a no parking sign - if you were before this sign (red arrow) where the two grey cars are parked, you would be ticketed. After the sign (green arrow), ok to park, and motorcycles don't need to pay.

rn3cHbh.gif

I parked exactly where the red car is.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

So the signs actually say motorcycle parking only, but all the google pics show cars taking up most of the spots.

I parked exactly where the red car is.

What the tickets states as the offence is important.

If it is for not paying, then you'd have a good chance to get the ticket dismissed through the dispute process: Parking Violation Dispute Process

I had one ticket written within the 5min grace period - I went to the city hall wicket in person and it was cancelled on the spot.

I had one ticket from the subway parking lot - not working downtown any longer, I submitted an online dispute - provided a scan of my payment and an explanation that I wasn't in a marked parking spot as the lines were covered by snow at the time I parked. Three months later I received a reply that my dispute had been reviewed and my ticket cancelled.

So the signs actually say motorcycle parking only, but all the google pics show cars taking up most of the spots.

What's written at the bottom of the sign- do they state summer months only? I am unable to read it clearly while viewing it in street view.

What's written at the bottom of the sign- do they state summer months only? I am unable to read it clearly while viewing it in street view.
Most of the "motorcycle parking only" signs that I've seen throughout the city (Peter and Richmond, Simcoe and King) are designated only between April and October at the bottom of the sign. But yeah, lots of people park their cars anyways.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Wonder if those cars get tickets? If not, then not much of a deterrent for them not to park there.

As I recall, no, because there was no bylaw created to cover those motorcycle parking areas. It was done as a pilot project with absolutely no force of law behind it.

I've just recently returned to Ontario from another province and need to occasionally ride downtown. Is street parking at pay locations still free for motorcycle users? (as of July 27, 2021)

I've just recently returned to Ontario from another province and need to occasionally ride downtown. Is street parking at pay locations still free for motorcycle users? (as of July 27, 2021)
Yes

Yes.

Back
Top Bottom