Christmas Ideas for the Wife | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Christmas Ideas for the Wife

Since this thread has gone pretty sideways (imagine!!)
Lots of girls get the shitters end of the stick in the separation/divorce. I have a couple lawyer friends and the stories would make your head spin.
Nice girl meets idiot, charming but an idiot, doesn't realize how deep he is in the hole for all the nice things he appears to have. Move in together and slowly it all comes apart, he gets good legal council and she gets to pay out on all his stupidity. Happens weekly. Happens to guys too.

Call me whatever you want but I equate a woman supporting a dead beat broke guy who doesn't work financially while he takes full advantage of her because she "loves him" to women who stay with a physically abusive man..........pretty much same thing. In both scenarios the woman who stays in that relationship is an IDIOT. *puts on flame suit*

Actually I dont disagree with this, my ex was working though, but afterwards I did look back and reflect at how stupid it was and what was I thinking....I blame it on being somewhat young and naive. At the same time as Keith mentioned earlier part of what kept me was how intertwined things were financially, and how much it was going to be to get out of it. Once I realized I was always standing on my own two feet and could make it no problem without him...I decided to take the hit and break it off.

Call me whatever you want but I equate a woman supporting a dead beat broke guy who doesn't work financially while he takes full advantage of her because she "loves him" to women who stay with a physically abusive man..........pretty much same thing. In both scenarios the woman who stays in that relationship is an IDIOT. *puts on flame suit*

I think that "victims" in this scenario (female OR male) have co-dependency issues.

Actually I was such a woman for a while till I got sick of struggling to pay rent and watching my ex play video games all day after promising he would pick up a job (student and bad at spending his student loans).

What made me take forever to end it was the knowledge that he was going to be totally screwed. Hard knowing that there was a good chance he was going to walk away, flounder for a couple months and quickly be homeless or be forced to quick school etc. Finally did it because the stress of it all had me in therapy and I had to keep reminding myself it was his own fault. But it wasnt easy.

I think that "victims" in this scenario (female OR male) have co-dependency issues.

Sometimes... and its not for me to judge anybody or how they think.... but for a lot of people getting "out" isnt as easy as packing a bag, finances can be very entwined , could be kids/pets, the self doubt of another failed relationship. Spending three years thinking it will get better or the worst part, wondering if your to blame for your idiot roommates behaviour.
I've had some ringside seats for the gongshow, walk a mile in somebody else's shoes.

+ 1000, you have fair perspectives

Sometimes... and its not for me to judge anybody or how they think.... but for a lot of people getting "out" isnt as easy as packing a bag, finances can be very entwined , could be kids/pets, the self doubt of another failed relationship. Spending three years thinking it will get better or the worst part, wondering if your to blame for your idiot roommates behaviour.
I've had some ringside seats for the gongshow, walk a mile in somebody else's shoes.

Back on topic...

I've decided on doing a trip away just the 2 of us as we have not been away like this since our honeymoon. I don't want to book now as the deals are just not there for March, so I was thinking of doing 2 envelops, one with a postcard of Las Vegas and another one of a Caribbean Beach and let her choose. Both would cost about the same in the end.

Sounds like a great idea (and it's something for you both which is nice). My gf's getting a diamond necklace so I'm only getting the bill (well that and the thankyou bj of course).

Sounds like a great idea (and it's something for you both which is nice). My gf's getting a diamond necklace so I'm only getting the bill (well that and the thankyou bj of course).

you should give her a Pearl necklace instead.

Get her a wife? I don't get it.

51QqXDLKLtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom