Choosing a project bike to work on with my daughter | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Choosing a project bike to work on with my daughter

If you end up with the CB200T, I have a bunch of parts for that bike including tank and two sets of side covers, original air filters w/holders, most of a top end gasket set, two sets of oversize pistons, partial carb kits and two floats, new fr brake pads, and some other bits and pieces. I also still have a repair manual kicking around too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I'd known that before I made my offer. I suspect the biggest problem the bike has is rust in the tank. I've been looking for a manual for years. You should scan it and post it on VJMOG and Hondatwins.net L

If you bought that T250 and didn't crash it or mess it up by stripping off the fenders, putting on fat firestone tires and covering it in rattle can flat black paint, I wager you would never lose money on it, 1970's bikes appear to be priced around 2 to 4 times their original price, when it came complete with a new bike warranty.

:I should have filled a garage with bikes still in the crate long time ago, they would have gained more value by now then most stock investments.
I bought it from a fellow who had tried to make it into a British style trials looking road bike. It had a polished alloy tank, high mounted alloy fenders, high mounted exhaust, and a pillion seat mounted up front in place of the original. I traded the alloy tank for an original tank, fenders and seat in restorable condition.

Good condition but not a show piece, probably fetch $1800. Sadly it's worth more parted out, something I'll never do.

I wish I'd known that before I made my offer. I suspect the biggest problem the bike has is rust in the tank. I've been looking for a manual for years. You should scan it and post it on VJMOG and Hondatwins.net L
Do you want me to get it going for you? I live near Arden.

No, thanks though Trials. It will probably be going to Schnellschnell; we've been conversing. He might be interested in some help though. I've got so many other projects on the go that a 3rd bike would be pointless. L

Back
Top Bottom