chicken strip difference front and rear | GTAMotorcycle.com

chicken strip difference front and rear

ducati rider

so the strip on my rear is about 0.5 cm but for the front it's like 1.5cm. so theoretically, if the strip for the front is 1cm, does it mean the rear will be at it's traction limit? meaning the bike can't lean any further?

do you enjoy your ride as is? if so, then don't worry about it... just ride your bike and have fun, nobody cares about your chicken strips, and if they did, that's lame since every bike model / tire is different lol

If you are to continue to lean waaaaaaay over, would you rather run out of tire at the rear first, or at the front first?

I thought so. So did the tire manufacturer.

It's not only normal, but it's designed to be that way.

If you are to continue to lean waaaaaaay over, would you rather run out of tire at the rear first, or at the front first?

I thought so. So did the tire manufacturer.

It's not only normal, but it's designed to be that way.

Run out of tire at the rear would mean low side, no?

A rear slide when leaned way over is possible to save. In fact, at a roadracing pace (normally the only way you're going to get all the way to the edge), top level riders are sliding the rear all the time.

A front slide, due to running out of tire, you are on the ground.

The bike is a sumo which correlates with the suspension geometry mentioned earlier (although I'm doing any backing in yet).

I'll try to get some pictures up and possibly get my eyes fixed. :p

The bike is a sumo which correlates with the suspension geometry mentioned earlier (although I'm doing any backing in yet).

I'll try to get some pictures up and possibly get my eyes fixed. :p

Once you do start backing it in, you will surely have larger strips on the front, as the back will be well beyond the edge..

051107bottom.jpg

Once you do start backing it in, you will surely have larger strips on the front, as the back will be well beyond the edge..

This is actually not the case.

What isn't shown is the completion of the corner entry and the exit in these photos, this is where the front tire is used and more extreme lean angle is achieved.

Back
Top Bottom