Cheap wireless com system for rider passenger | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheap wireless com system for rider passenger

Push to start link. Continue talking until your done and then press button again to end intercom

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok, I don't know much about these systems whatsoever - Sena, knockoffs, etc - are they all PTT or do some of the high end units have reliable VOX?

And the described PTT above, is it full duplex (both people can converse openly when it's "activated" or does one need to constantly open/close their own connection for others to be able to reply? Does leaving the connection open constantly destroy the battery life?

It looks like I'll be investing in one of these sets and these knockoffs seem to be well regarded and will do what we need, but the PTT thing is really unclear to me on all the options, cheap and expensive alike. My wife is still in her early riding days and I don't want her to have to fumble/get distracted searching for buttons and stressing out about it - if just pressing it once and leaving the connection open is an option then that's fine, so long as the battery doesn't die in no time flat doing it this way?

I would agree with the one poster who as the drawer full of gadgets. Try a cheap set, (like the ones from Daytona), I have them and have used them for three seasons now, (Mostly just for FM radio or stream from my cell music), as well as last year I bought a Garmin bike specific GPS so I use it for that. The reason I say test it out, was I had a buddy who said it was too loud for him, if he turned it down he couldn't hear it..lol. I also had a female rider accompany me up to New Liskeard, on her bike and me on mine b about Orillia, (and we started from Lindsay). I was thinking just STFU...lol on the way back I made sure they wouldn't stay paired so I could again enjoy my music..lol

So before spending several hundreds my recommendation is try it out and see if you want it all the time. Once paired the Daytona are constant comms no need to push to talk. Another thing to consider when using with a GPS if your on a long trip and in your zone then all of a sudden the GPS kicks in with a turn scares the crap out of you..lol

I find I can reliably get 5 - 6 hours out of a charge.

Last edited:
Ok, I don't know much about these systems whatsoever - Sena, knockoffs, etc - are they all PTT or do some of the high end units have reliable VOX?

And the described PTT above, is it full duplex (both people can converse openly when it's "activated" or does one need to constantly open/close their own connection for others to be able to reply? Does leaving the connection open constantly destroy the battery life?

It looks like I'll be investing in one of these sets and these knockoffs seem to be well regarded and will do what we need, but the PTT thing is really unclear to me on all the options, cheap and expensive alike. My wife is still in her early riding days and I don't want her to have to fumble/get distracted searching for buttons and stressing out about it - if just pressing it once and leaving the connection open is an option then that's fine, so long as the battery doesn't die in no time flat doing it this way?

I suggest this get this unit then! You can leave you and your wife connected with no need to press buttons at all during the ride. Simply 1 of you press 1 button to connect to the other, the other rider will hear a audible beep, and you will both be connected to chat. Both of you can chat freely over intercom together like a phone call :) Battery life is phenomenal, friends who have had senas say the same battery life if not better

Seriously guys, after a few months with this unit, what a ****ing great buy. so impressed! Me and my friends again all agree it makes riding with eachother so much more enjoyable being able to talk and basically be safe riding together, calling out obstacles or pot holes and just chatting directions etc

[video=youtube;-hyVG54bSbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyVG54bSbA[/video]

Last edited:
Thanks for the info – I guess my next question would be does anybody know if there is anybody local selling these versus ordering from China and not getting them until July?

From this seller in my video, link it located there shipping was roughly 3 weeks.

From China though. If you got it in 3 weeks you were lucky, I buy a lot of stuff from China and 4 weeks is typical with some items mysteriously taking longer - I actually just got a parcel yesterday from an eBay purchase I made back in mid March which we had presumed was lost.

I see there's lots of availability on Amazon.ca so with north american shipping so I might contemplate there.

I agree, that does seem better. The tiny buttons on the other unit was indeed something that I thought was likely going to be an issue, and the review seemed to justify that concern.

Hmmm.

@PrivatePilot your parcel must have been in the same container as my cell case and son's ipod case. Ordered mid march as well. Vendor offered a refund, but I opted to wait another week, as I've bought from them frequently and am happy with their products. Packages came in on Monday.
If you head out my way, check out those Daytona units. Or closer to you, I would think Kapasmoto (sp?) might have them.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

The slow boat to China is also the slow boat from China. Keep the disposable plastic flowing. #inrebrules

I agree, that does seem better. The tiny buttons on the other unit was indeed something that I thought was likely going to be an issue, and the review seemed to justify that concern.

Hmmm.

I like the sleeker unit, but it seems that it can only pair 3 units. The method to initiate comms with the 3rd rider seems kinda clunky too. (Press and hold the intercom button for 2 seconds).

I've been looking for a comm system and have been eyeing the Sena's, but I think I'll go with the model in the Youtube review..

Has anybody tried to sync the China ones with Senas or Scala's. I have a G9x, trying to come up with a budget solution for when the missus follows in a cage (will not get on a bike).

post-822-0-65201700-1334158380.gif

Why do you need a headset to communicate to a person sitting behind you? Just talk/yell + use hand signals. Works just fine for me and then woman....

Why do you need a headset to communicate to a person sitting behind you? Just talk/yell + use hand signals. Works just fine for me and then woman....
We do that in the kitchen. Don't wanna do that on my bike.
I have yet to ride with a passenger, but woyld would think that this would make life easier.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

I bought these from elate_tech
[h=2]2*Motorcycle Bluetooth Interphone Headset Helmet Intercom Walkie-talkie 1000M+FM #390991746731[/h]
Have not used them they look good.
This seller is good because I got DHL expedited shipping (paid for it $20 customs fee).
Also I was able to buy 3 units along with extra headsets and helmet clips separately.
Now you can prewire other helmets and switch the radio, ready to go.

buttons and setup seem good so far, good quality build.
I will let you know how they work.

Back
Top Bottom